DELL U2711 27 inches Going for Insane pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can this double up well as a tv too? I mean in comparison with tvs in the same price range and purely in terms of picture quality/viewing angles.

chiron said:
Can this double up well as a tv too? I mean in comparison with tvs in the same price range and purely in terms of picture quality/viewing angles.
It will suck as TV. Look at the native resolution of this monitor. Its not 1080P or 720P like HDTVs.

Why buy this for TV, when u can get a good 32inch LCD TV for less than 35K ? I was also considering using an LCD Monitor as TV, but thought it better to buy a LCD TV instead.

^Oh please - not the same topic please. Any 32inch full-HD Bravia or Samsung 7 series cannot replace this TV for displaying the output from a PC. And like Shripad mentioned, neither can this LCD be used as a TV either since it's native resolution is 2560 x 1600 whereas most HD signal outputs ATM are 720p/1080i. Obviously, the display would look pity.

Desecrator said:
^Oh please - not the same topic please. Any 32inch full-HD Bravia or Samsung 7 series cannot replace this TV for displaying the output from a PC. And like Shripad mentioned, neither can this LCD be used as a TV either since it's native resolution is 2560 x 1600 whereas most HD signal outputs ATM are 720p/1080i. Obviously, the display would look pity.
I'm using a 32" Samsung and everything looks crystal clear :hap5:

^Try using Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator or a CAD tool and see the results for yourself - which is where exactly LCDs with 2560 x 1600 resolution comes to the rescue. They are certainly not meant for the average home user unless he's willing to blow some hard earned moolah. ;)

720p and 1080p look absolutely SWEEET on this display - I own the 27" iMac which uses the glossy equivalent. :D

That is a very very nice price indeed.

Alright, what would this LCD cost if bought from market or from Dell ? How long this IC is open ? Does 40K include shipping or is it extra ?

Ryunosuke said:
Alright, what would this LCD cost if bought from market or from Dell ? How long this IC is open ? Does 40K include shipping or is it extra ?
My friend bought this directly from Dell. Price Tag 50k. But Dell took there own sweet time to deliver the monitor. He made the payment first week of March, he got the monitor sometime in May. (And i got his U2410:hap2:)

Okay now , tell me the uptime of this IC, for how long r u guys going to stick around before closing the IC ? This will give me a time frame to get my funds in order so please gimme a proper response here mates.

im interested in 27inch ultrasharp..i heard the prices have gone down.. can u check with ur local source.. :) i def want one if it is around 35k ..please lemme know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back