FS: Monitor and LCD Dell Ultrasharp U2410 monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling this premium monitor from Dell. Have been mostly using it as a TV. Would rather sell it off. Warranty period is over but will provide a week's testing warranty. This is in Trivandrum till tomorrow (9th Jan) and will move to Bangalore on 10th Jan. Am not sure of the market price but I saw it on Snapdeal for 36k so i guess 22k is a decent price without warranty. If anyone knows the local price please let me know. Pics below.

BPygQU2.jpg

JmcHt1J.jpg

L4ikp8Q.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, don't mean to crap your thread but a new Dell Ultrasharp U2414 is available for Rs 23k on snapdeal and 20k on flipkart. The 2012 model - U2412 is only Rs 16.5k. So your monitor is massively overpriced ;)
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/del...inches/126701414#bcrumbSearch:dell ultrasharp
http://www.flipkart.com/dell-u2412m...terperipheral_monitor_1&ppid=MONDW3YHMVR5F46K
http://www.flipkart.com/dell-u2414h...414h&ref=1a21d928-49e1-4c53-bc93-36f9bf90ab8d[DOUBLEPOST=1420701485][/DOUBLEPOST]And here's a list of all ultrasharp monitors on Dell's India page in case you're not sure whether the models above are of the 'Ultrasharp' category or not
http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=ultrasharp_monitor

Hey, don't mean to crap your thread but a new Dell Ultrasharp U2414 is available for Rs 23k on snapdeal and 20k on flipkart. The 2012 model - U2412 is only Rs 16.5k. So your monitor is massively overpriced ;)
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/dell-ultrasharp-u2414h-24-inches/126701414#bcrumbSearch:dell ultrasharp
http://www.flipkart.com/dell-u2412m...terperipheral_monitor_1&ppid=MONDW3YHMVR5F46K
http://www.flipkart.com/dell-u2414h-23-8-inch-lcd-monitor/p/itmdw3z86vgen3hg?pid=MONDW3YHMVR5F46K&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=dell ultrasharp u2414h&ref=1a21d928-49e1-4c53-bc93-36f9bf90ab8d[DOUBLEPOST=1420701485][/DOUBLEPOST]And here's a list of all ultrasharp monitors on Dell's India page in case you're not sure whether the models above are of the 'Ultrasharp' category or not
http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=ultrasharp_monitor

even though they are Ultrasharp series they don't come with the Premier Color technology and hence aren't as good as the U2410. If anyone is interested in buying mine they are free to quote a price they think is right (via pm please) and i will think about it. I am willing to negotiate on the price point a bit.

Edit: Also as a token of thanks dropping the price by 2k to 22k now.

Last edited:
even though they are Ultrasharp series they don't come with the Premier Color technology and hence aren't as good as the U2410.
That sounds really vague to me. Maybe you could post some links comparing the U2410 and U2412/14 where it shows that the U2410 is superior? Just a suggestion to ensure that you have a quick and hassle-free sale.
Though, why anyone would pay 22k for an out-of-warranty monitor beats me, when the newest model in the same series is available for cheaper and with 3 years of warranty. I'd say something around 12k for your monitor is a fair price. You'd have to be lucky to get more for it.

Anyway, good luck on your sale.

Dell naming strategy

First 2 digits is size of monitor
Second 2 digits is year of introduction
H stands for wide screen
M stands for the lower end monitors

The M monitors have no aRGB colour gamut, while the non M like the 2410 has the aRGB. Effective colours of the M series are 16 million versus 1 billion for the non M series.

The aRGB is of value for people whose entire work flow is in aRGB.

No, 12K is far from a fair price, and I also feel that people should not crap on peoples threads without enough knowledge of the product.

The current equivalent of the 2410 is the 2413. Its the wide gamut 24" of 2013, while the 2410 is the wide colour gamut of 2010. All the in between years do NOT have the wider colour gamut.

FYI, here is the US price of the 2413. 460 USD without shipping and customs.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/963178-REG/dell_469_4030_24_ultrasharp_u2413.html

A month ago, I would have bought this, but I got the 2713H [not the HM] instead, and it is a brilliant monitor. It's the 27" monitor with the wide colour gamut, introduced in 2013.

Last edited:
No, 12K is far from a fair price, and I also feel that people should not crap on peoples threads without enough knowledge of the product.
The current equivalent of the 2410 is the 2413. Its the wide gamut 24" of 2013, while the 2410 is the wide colour gamut of 2010. All the in between years do NOT have the wider colour gamut.
FYI, here is the US price of the 2413. 460 USD without shipping and customs.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/963178-REG/dell_469_4030_24_ultrasharp_u2413.html
A month ago, I would have bought this, but I got the 2713H [not the HM] instead, and it is a brilliant monitor. It's the 27" monitor with the wide colour gamut, introduced in 2013.
Thanks for that. No one's crapping on anyone's thread, it was clearly mentioned in my first post that such was not my intention. I feel the OP should have posted this sale thread with as much information as possible to ensure a quick sale.

Besides, not everyone here is aware that monitors with wide colour gamuts need to be precisely calibrated to be used to their full potential. Also, if I'm not mistaken (and please correct me if I am) working on SRB content on such monitors with wide gamut screens can lead to lots of issues and colour discrepancies.

Anyway, thanks again for the clarification. and good luck to the OP for his sale.

Thanks for that. No one's crapping on anyone's thread, it was clearly mentioned in my first post that such was not my intention. I feel the OP should have posted this sale thread with as much information as possible to ensure a quick sale.

Besides, not everyone here is aware that monitors with wide colour gamuts need to be precisely calibrated to be used to their full potential. Also, if I'm not mistaken (and please correct me if I am) working on SRB content on such monitors with wide gamut screens can lead to lots of issues and colour discrepancies.

Anyway, thanks again for the clarification. and good luck to the OP for his sale.
Your quote

"your monitor is massively overpriced' without enough info [or rather misleading info] to back it up 'is' crapping on this thread. Just adding 'don't mean to crap on your thread' and then going about doing exactly that. LOL

Your other points are immaterial. They do not bring down the value of the monitor. You are talking at a tangent there. The concept of calibration and colour gamut is a topic by itself.

Last edited:
Your quote
"your monitor is massively overpriced' without enough info [or rather misleading info] to back it up 'is' crapping on this thread. Just adding 'don't mean to crap on your thread' and then going about doing exactly that. LOL
Your other points are immaterial. They do not bring down the value of the monitor. You are talking at a tangent there. The concept of calibration and colour gamut is a topic by itself.
Peace, dude.

@JeDiKnight apologies for crapping on your thread :)

Your quote

Thanks @deepakvrao for the help. Could you let me know a fair price for this.

Peace, dude.

@JeDiKnight apologies for crapping on your thread :)
Apology accepted buddy.[DOUBLEPOST=1421121236][/DOUBLEPOST]
It would be great if you attach pics of black background , This will give an idea of backlight bleeding
Currently it is in packed condition as i moved from Trivandrum to Bangalore. If someone is interested in buying he/she can come and check for issues. I will only unpack it then. Else it will be moving out of Bangalore by the 25th as I am relocating.

^ AFAIK the 2410 was 24k before it vanished off the market a year back so this IS overpriced for a used monitor. Furthermore, I doubt anyone will pay 22k for this monitor unless you can find a graphic designer or somebody clever enough to see the potential in this monitor and understands that nothing better in colour department for anywhere in this price range.

^ AFAIK the 2410 was 24k before it vanished off the market a year back so this IS overpriced for a used monitor. Furthermore, I doubt anyone will pay 22k for this monitor unless you can find a graphic designer or somebody clever enough to see the potential in this monitor and understands that nothing better in colour department for anywhere in this price range.

Like I said, I was looking for this before I got the 27", and Dell quoted 39,400/- for the 2413 [and this was after bargaining for 3 pieces]. I doubt that the 2410 was at 24K. Not sure though. A dealer had an old piece and offered it for 35K plus tax at the same time.

Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 2.50.41 pm.png

IIRC a member named sangzeel was selling the same monitor for 19k and the unit remained unsold for many so months that he started giving yearly bumps then. :D So yes this unit is over priced, if we keep that thread in mind. And it doesn't matter how awesome is the unit, price is fixed according to the demand.

here is the post, last price update was 18500 INR

IIRC a member named sangzeel was selling the same monitor for 19k and the unit remained unsold for many so months that he started giving yearly bumps then. :D So yes this unit is over priced, if we keep that thread in mind. And it doesn't matter how awesome is the unit, price is fixed according to the demand.

here is the post, last price update was 18500 INR
Thanks for letting me know, but I will stick to my current price for now.

It's also fixed according to 'helpful' members like you...
Yes, I do agree that @letmein is unnecessarily trolling. All comments on this thread, including the misguided ones, have so far tried to help the OP get a quick sale. But the post quoted above is just a jibe to another member.

Guys, only post if you have something to offer to the OP, anything else is trolling and the mods should take appropriate action.

Like I said, I was looking for this before I got the 27", and Dell quoted 39,400/- for the 2413 [and this was after bargaining for 3 pieces]. I doubt that the 2410 was at 24K. Not sure though. A dealer had an old piece and offered it for 35K plus tax at the same time.

View attachment 53639

This was more than a year back. Back then the local dealer (Care, Ahmedabad) was offering me the 2410 for 24k, 2412m for 18k and 2312hm for 15k. Ended up settling for the 2412m as the 2410 colour reproduction and gamut didn't justify its premium price and I wanted 16:10 instead of the 16:9 on the 2312hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back