DELL USB Biometric External Fingerprint Reader - Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is product Link..

DELL USB Biometric External Fingerprint Reader - Black : Laptop/Notebook Accessories | Dell

Highlights

• Delivers a high level of security by offering the capability to perform fingerprint authentication and a sensing technology that counters spoofing and hacking attempts
  • Offers ease of set up and use with the pre-installed Wave Embassy® Trust Suite (ETS) security software
  • Equipped with a 248-pixel-wide swipe reader that senses both the surface and subsurface of the finger
  • Provides an extra layer of security with Pre-Boot Authentication
  • Allows up to 21 fingerprints from 5 different people
  • Includes two USB cables (18" and 72") to give you the flexibility to use the reader with a laptop on the table or a desktop underneath the desk

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Overview

Secure Your Data Without a Password!

The USB UPEK® Fingerprint Reader from Dell™ protects your sensitive assets with your unique biological information. It implements user authentication through biometrics which safeguards your critical data and ensures that only right people get access to your system and its sensitive data.

The fingerprint reader is easy to set up and use with the integrated tutorial that walks you through the setup. You can then select which fingerprints to enroll with the pre-installed Wave Embassy® Trust Suite (ETS) security software following which the setup is complete after three correct matches. From then on, all you need to do is swipe your finger to log on to your Microsoft® Windows® operating system. Moreover for added security, you can also use pre-boot authentication which can be configured to require a password, smart card or biometric information from the reader to protect the system at the power-on level and counter data theft.

The fingerprint reader helps deliver a high level of security by offering the capability to perform fingerprint authentication and template storage within a module in the scanner. This hardware-based security prevents software hackers from influencing match results. Additionally, the reader counters spoofing and hacking attempts (for example using a photocopy of a fingerprint or a fake finger). All-in-all the 248-pixel-wide swipe reader senses both the surface and subsurface of the finger and the high quality sensing recognizes authorized users and rejects unauthorized users more reliably. This reader has been tested and validated on Dell systems. It is fully supported by Dell Technical Support when used with a Dell system.

Expected price is 1.5k for each+Rs.100 for shippings

Now make your desktops more secure with these :clap:

Package includes USB Cable and biometric device only. Drivers can be downloaded from Del website or windows update.

Kaw0a.jpg

KJPBI.jpg

PM me if u need any other info.

pratikb said:
What software will it use to store the username passwords and all?

sent from motorola atrix

Connect to PC with connected to net, it will automatically search, download and install drivers and then from control panel, user and account settings you can configure the login credentials.

skumar9988 said:
Connect to PC with connected to net, it will automatically search, download and install drivers and then from control panel, user and account settings you can configure the login credentials.
i understood that part.but through control panel it will only allow us to put windows login credentials isn't it?

can we use to login to sites and all?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

that upek software suite (so called protector suite is 20 usd software and the developer wants us to purchase new license with every update)

Got one more with me and expect a couple more soon. Do PM me if any one needs it. I will get them Only if someone needs them.

Payment received and shipped. Awaiting receipt confirmation....

I did a small project for my office and bought it for the same(6). But then we received Secugen devices from our head office so these were extra and....

Take it with 1450 USB Wifi adapter for 2k shipped

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Bump.....

I think last offer was good enough... still u get the same combo for Rs.1900 shipped...

Need to get rid of them asap..

HELP ME BUY AN SSD GUYS COME ON-- ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back