Dell XCD 35 or Optimus P500

Anubis

Skilled
I know this question has been asked a dozen times over and over again ........ but lately the price of Dell XCD 35 is 8.9k using rcomlsb coupon in letsbuy.com and Optimus P500's price is 8.7k with coupon......... Now since there's a 0.2k difference I am really confused now ..........

I also heard that DELL XCD 35 now ships with 512mb RAM Froyo ......... but Dell official site still says 256mb with Froyo .......... can anyone confirm this ?

Guys i need a quick help...calling owners of LG and Dell to give feedback on their respective droids

1. LG ships with thinkfree office i guess. How good is the performance? is the viewing fast or its totally useless and i need to think of a 800-1Ghz proc for this ?

2. Another main requirement is battery life. LG has 1500mh battery, but Dell ships with a 1200mh ?? plus bigger screen, higher resolution.. Will it really last for a day ?

With 15-30 mins phone calls, no 3G, couple of hours of wifi, few games, may be 15-20 mins videos playing and an hour of music, how long will both of the phones last ?

with the dell xcd, i get about 30-60 mins of call, plus a hour or so of music and email checking say every two hours or so. The main thing that seem to drain the battery is 3g/gprs. No idea how much wifi will consume.

Though relatively, xcd35 will last lesser than the lg O1 for sure.

rajshenoy said:
Guys i need a quick help...calling owners of LG and Dell to give feedback on their respective droids

1. LG ships with thinkfree office i guess. How good is the performance? is the viewing fast or its totally useless and i need to think of a 800-1Ghz proc for this ?

2. Another main requirement is battery life. LG has 1500mh battery, but Dell ships with a 1200mh ?? plus bigger screen, higher resolution.. Will it really last for a day ?

With 15-30 mins phone calls, no 3G, couple of hours of wifi, few games, may be 15-20 mins videos playing and an hour of music, how long will both of the phones last ?

Anyone buying an Android phone should not evaluate it based on the performance, features and battery life of the stock ROM, but rather of the custom ROMs available. I know only about the ROMS for O1, and I can say the choice is between excellent stability, battery life and performance of the ROM called devoid.franco (some people report a battery drain of 1% on 6 hrs of standby!) and the cutting edge CM 7.1 RC (Android 2.3.4) ROM of mik. Performance of mik's ROM in neocore and quadrant benchmark is 2x the performance of stock ROM and battery life of devoid.franco is 1.5x of the stock ROM. Both are working really hard to improve their ROMS (franco seems to be releasing a new kernel every 1-3 days!) and things will only improve after LG launches gingerbread in July. So going with the O1 and using a custom ROM and OC to 729 Mhz. is very good. If some XCD-35 owner can describe the features, battery life of the custon ROMS available, it will be very useful for comparison with O1.

well Unixguru.. thats exactly the reason why i am looking at LG O1 pretty seriously.. great community support( I guess ZTE blade too enjoys similar support.. not sure its same for XCD35)

only -ves are small screen, and 600Mhz proc (for reading pdf's and reading mail attachments)

Money is not a problem, i can stretch up to Galaxy S LCD. but then if my needs are well served by this little marvel, why waste money ? instead i can save it for buying a future dual/quad core high end device.

Plus great community support for the device would mean plenty of room to experiment ... in short, i wont get bored with the device

Back