DELL XCD 35 touch response dead. Help on warranty terms

rad0

Adept
Hey guys,

Sister's "Dell XCD35" which has less than a week's warranty left,the screen doesn't respond to the touch now. She visited the Dell Service Center for replacing the faulty part. The guy at service center received the handset and said she would get a another handset as the repair is not done. So, I called up the guy to inquire and came to know they are handing out a refurbished set with 15 days testing warranty.

I would like to know if this is common practice for all DELL XCD35 ? Can i ask for upgrade to a new instead of refurbished set ? I don' mind paying few extra bucks if i get a new seal packed set with warranty.

Anybody who similar issues,please pitch in with your input.

I don't know about Dell specifically.
but for many products when dead, the company gives a refurbished one (like Seagate/WD for hard drive)

Yup even Apple provides factory refurbished units for warranty replacements and if you claim a RMA at the end of your warranty period the replacement usually comes with an additional 15/30/90 days warranty depending on the company . Apple provides 90 days or until original warranty period .

You could try mailing Dell customer care or speaking them on the phone and request them for a paid upgrade before the warranty get's over .

I don't know about Dell specifically.
but for many products when dead, the company gives a refurbished one (like Seagate/WD for hard drive)

Yep. True.

But do they also provide any options to upgrade to a brand new one with full warranty. The case here is after i receive the refurbished product i would have no warranty left on it(15 days testing warranty is too less). Had this instance occurred 3-4 months back i understand the logic of providing a refurbished one. But now, the refurbished product i get would have had different issue and then i don't have warranty left.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup even Apple provides factory refurbished units for warranty replacements and if you claim a RMA at the end of your warranty period the replacement usually comes with an additional 15/30/90 days warranty depending on the company . Apple provides 90 days or until original warranty period .

You could try mailing Dell customer care or speaking them on the phone and request them for a paid upgrade before the warranty get's over .

Those dork never pick up phone. Have mailed them. Haven't got a reply yet.

Back