dell xps15 vs to be launched lenovo y-570d --which one is better

wayne rooney

Disciple
guys i have shortlisted xps 15 and lenovo y-570d(on the basis of info from the net) within 55k to 60k range which one would you think is better and why please enlighten me.

Sorry for adding options, but if you haven't considered it then please check out the Sony VAIO C-series, especially the VPCCB15FG. Intel Core i5-2410M, 4GB 1333MHz RAM, 500 GB 7200 rpm HDD, Radeon HD 6630M, Full HD 1080p screen , backlit keyboard, much improved battery life, and the usual VAIO awesomeness like one-touch web access, a cool gesture-based media player, excellent keyboard etc. Fits well into ur budget at 54,990. Have a look...

arsenalmaniac said:
Sorry for adding options, but if you haven't considered it then please check out the Sony VAIO C-series, especially the VPCCB15FG. Intel Core i5-2410M, 4GB 1333MHz RAM, 500 GB 7200 rpm HDD, Radeon HD 6630M, Full HD 1080p screen , backlit keyboard, much improved battery life, and the usual VAIO awesomeness like one-touch web access, a cool gesture-based media player, excellent keyboard etc. Fits well into ur budget at 54,990. Have a look...
Nice pricing in India. Same config costs $1059.99 in US!!!

always-shri said:
The difference is the speakers of Dell XPS and the Sony. Are they in the same league?
Naaa... Sony is a small time laptop manufacturer with stupid naming schemes!!
I couldnt find any proper reviews for this series. Unless there are good reviews better to avoid Vaios.

Well, to contribute to the thread's title, the Y-570 does not come with Full-HD screen.

What good is GT-555m it comes with on a screen with 1366x768 pixels to show?

And also, 2.1 jbl of dell xps 15, v/s 2.0 jbl of y570...

just my 2 cents.

always-shri said:
Totally agree with you on the naming. Who came up with that anyways???
BTW one review - Sony VAIO CB Series (VPCCB15FG) - reviews - Notebooks - All Purpose - PC World Australia
The review is very brief one :( But one thing is clear. This Vaio has a decent battery life (Vaios has piss poor battery life as usually they carry miniscule batteries)
They are also famous for GPU speed throttling and a bit of heating. Hope to get a detalied review soon to see whether these are addressed.
If the issues are addressed then its a good choice as the H/W is very good for the Sub 55k pricing. :)

I own XPS. The speakers are justfckingawesome. And so is screen.

but you are a hardcore gamer, then don't go for it.

I say avoid sony vaio, as in india they have a cheap build quality..Many have faced problems from day 1....

So, u may go for lenovo if u want gaming..

Else go for dell xps,, very good build, good service and online tech support...

guys thankyou for your suggestions but i am not getting any concrete answer on the topic. i believe y-570 has got 3d thats whats luring me n plus the gaming and it may come up with i7 2620 pro so its really fast. regarding the screen if its hd then it'l do for me as of the speakers i dont know the diff between 2.0 and 2.1 from jbl does any1 know?? and all the talk bout sony does it have 3d. I'L BE USING THIS LAPTOP FOR GAMING, NET AND OTHER ENTERTAINMENT SO PLSS HELP!

pauldmps said:
It does come with optional full-HD screen.

It seems that they're calling 1366X768 as HD resolution.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I have no idea how much justice 3D would do to a laptop screen. Plus the 3D model would be tad expensive & there is not much 3D content available.

pauldmps said:
It seems that they're calling 1366X768 as HD resolution.

There is an option upon which you can get a Full HD Screen too, 1920×1080 would be the Full HD Resoluotion (1080p) comes at a price or 8-10k I guess.

The 1366x768 is a 720p model, which is pretty normal. The 1080p on XPS15 is legendary (so i've heard :p)

IMHO if you Want gaming, try getting a Full HD res monitor (gives you more screen space).
Try playing any game on your existing setup on HD and then Full HD res, and you will know the difference. :)

Personally I own a Vaio, with HD4650 on board.

pauldmps said:
It does come with optional full-HD screen.

Watch this video: YouTube - Lenovo IdeaPad Y470/Y570 laptop tour

No. It DOES NOT have Full HD, 1080p (basically, 1920 x 1080 = 2073600 separate pixels on screen) as any option. Period.
Read this PDF.
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/ww/pdf/Y570_datasheet.pdf

And while at it, the speakers would be inferior (2.0 JBL designed speakers) to XPS 15 with 2.1 jbl speaker configuration, with subwoofer on the bottom.
Best Sounding Notebooks: Good Enough To Be Your Stereo?

And cherry on the cake, NO BACKLIT KEYBOARD! In a PREMIUM LAPTOP offering from Lenovo...

Is there any documentation to how much impact a 555m will have on gaming as compared to 540m?

^^ I have clarified my view on this in my next post. Unfortunately, the datasheet was not available on the Lenovo site, when I last checked the site. So I drew my inferences from the video. (I saw the datasheet yesterday)

For comparison between GT-540M & GT-555, head to Computer Games on Laptop Graphic Cards - Notebookcheck.net Tech

And this is not a premium offering from Lenovo. I believe that the Y570 range will replace the existing Y560 series whose base model starts at 45k. So no backlit keyboard or full-HD screen.

Back