PC Peripherals Dell zino HD - decent HTPC setup??

Thanks buddy.

All I am worried about Zotac is service support. No user on TE confirmed if they own Zotac & its performance.

I am following thread on avsforum. Be careful in getting BD ROM in Zino, Lots of heating issues.

Just contacted Dell exclusive showroom, still they dont have 3250 + 4330 combo so waiting to check demo.

Zino has lots of good reviews compare to Asus.

Have you seen demo with AMD 3250 & AMD 6850 ?

zino has no standard peripherals.so if there is any problem its difficult to replace that peripheral and if u go for DELL service its quite costly.IMO one should build their own.At miniitx.com u can find most of the components to build a small form factor cpu.Minix Amd785g mini-itx Mboard available.

Thanks for the option VIP.

Well if you build your own then for each compopent you need to go to individual dealers & run around.

I agree Dell service is quite costly, but its mostly laptops which tends to give problem due to its constant movements & travel. I have rarely seen a desktop having serious damage because its mostly at one place.

I am sure dell uses top notch parts in building systems.

Can you guys tell more abt the zino hd? I'l try and see a showroom in my city...
Can it run well as an htpc? Full hd rips are wat concern me, rest is fine..
But seem like a big sacrifice compared to htpc's?

^The Zino can play anything you throw at it - HD rips in this case since it doesn't have a blu-ray drive. You need the HD 4330 GPU though. Multitasking may end up being slightly sluggish.

Alternately, you can assemble a cheaper system which can do all that a Zino can.

@Party Monger

Which city u want to check in ?

I already checked AMD 2650 with graphics 3220

Can you check if you have AMD 3250 + ATI Radion 4330 ? It will be able to play all kind of HD stuff.

I'm from nagpur.. Right now apart from the looks nothin is in favour of zino..
Will check if there are any good lookin cheap cabinets around..

^Else there's always panache.in to order decent HTPC enclosures. Albeit slightly on the expensive side.

yea, even I had zotac in my mind.

But not sure of their after sales service. Do u have any idea ? Dell rocks for their service.

As you are in Nagpur, U need to ship all the way to Mumbai incase of any fault. Not sure how many days will they take to repair/replace.

One more thing, if you consider cost of monitor, keyboard + mouse etc final zotac comes at 26000 INR which is close to Zino HD.

Back