Got a quote for a Dell 1525 from lamington Rd dealer today Rs 38.5 k
C2D T52800 / 2GB / 160GBHDD,
15.4 screen / dialup Modem / wifi / bluetooth / DOS

Now i wanna get the Penryn T8000 series newer C2D,
but the guys i asked all sell it with the Merom T5000 series

Dell 1-800 number (on saturdays!!!!!)and online have high taxes and shipping,
and I have to buy it with the shi*ty Vista/MS-Works,
which I'd rather spend on a better proccy

Any suggestions names/contacts of dealers who will configure it with T8000 series

You can talk to dell toll free and you will get a quote of 36200 with dos and last week i have got quote of 36200 (with carry case) and 35000(with back pack). It is much cheaper than 38500.

@ganny

I'm pretty sure those quotes are without taxes and delivery charges,

Coz they sound almost similar to quotes i got.....but after tax and delivery charges added up

It shot up close to 45K

kreativekevin said:
@ganny

Coz they sound almost similar to quotes i got.....but after tax and delivery charges added up

It shot up close to 45K

No they are probably not actually. You can bargain with dell guys when you call them up. The quote you will get will be lower than website price every day :p

kreativekevin said:
@ganny
It shot up close to 45K

I have got the quote last week Thursday/Friday for 1525 with T5800 , 2GB ram, 160Gb hard disk with dos OS. I will be placing order this week.

@ ganny

Let me know if u get it for 35/36K with shipping,delivery charges,VAT and Other taxes included.

@techie007

Yup I heard about those discounts if u haggle on the phone,

But the guy on saturday was adamant.I chose Saturday thinking it would be END OF WEEK so I'd get a good deal

kreativekevin said:
@ ganny

Let me know if u get it for 35/36K with shipping,delivery charges,VAT and Other taxes included.

@techie007

But the guy on saturday was adamant.I chose Saturday thinking it would be END OF WEEK so I'd get a good deal

ideally yes, but it depends support agent to agent as well :p Try connecting again to a different guy and give it a try ;)

kreativekevin said:
@ ganny

@techie007

Yes. It is landing price at home. If you want, i can pm the dell representatives phone no. and e-mail id. From one representative, i got quote of 35000 with backpack and from another, i got quote of 36000 with large nylon case.

ganny said:
Yes. It is landing price at home. If you want, i can pm the dell representatives phone no. and e-mail id. From one representative, i got quote of 35000 with backpack and from another, i got quote of 36000 with large nylon case.

Actually, just send Kevin your quotation PDF or quotation number even. That should be enough for him to get the same deal :) I am sure he ll thank you for it. Also, I need one too, please gimme a link to the quotation as well :D

The dell inspiron 1525 without OS is being stopped now with the new processor T6400 ( spec same as T5800 with diff. in manufacturing). If any one want inspiron 1525 without OS, can do with still stocks lost. You can get without OS for 35000 (All inclusive) ( T5800, 2GB ram, 160GB HDD, large carrying case etc)

Back