Dell's EPP policy CHANGED+New Studio 15 coming up SooN..

Did not want to start 2 different threads, hence merged both the topics in 1.

ParT 1-

Dell's EPP policy CHANGED

yea.. thats correct. Dell has changed the Employee purchase program policy starting today..

Previously, the discount used to matter on the configuration and the margin on the product.

NOW, however, the same would be a flat rate..

For eg- laptops within range of 50k-70k -->> 12% is the flat discount rate.

Previously discounts ranged from 20-25% in the same range depending on the configuration.

So, if anyone was planning to purchase the laptop using EPP anytime soon will have to pay more..

Alternatively, if someone has a relative in a company\govt. org. listed in Dell's policy can get a discount of 8% max. on a new system.

SOURCE- I am a Dell employee and got to know about this a few days back from the EPP team.

ParT 2- New Studio 15 coming up SooN

Yes dell is refreshing the look of the Studio 15 and it might go under a full body job.. may or may not add any changes to the hardware.

the most anticipated change however is the change to the GPU.

So, anyone considering to buy a studio 15 can wait a few more weeks and we might see a new studio 15 on the website.

Source- unofficial, dell resellers, and dell sales team..

i would have..but i recently joined dell and the policy is that the employee should be ATLEAST 6 months tenured to get the discount.

But you can ask "freshseasons1" (vipin); he has a relative working in the gurgaon branch..May be he can help you.

Also, why dont you search for someone who is working in a governmnt org.; you can score flat 8% discount if you buy 3 year CC along.

and with the new EPP policy in effect, if you're looking for a laptop less than 50k, you would end up getting the same discount through EPP ..

Hmm..logical move by Dell as one could get Inspiron R series at a lower price & similar specs than the Studios.
Just a better GPU will restore its 'Best Seller' status!

Ya that's no biggie...to be fair to AMD such cheap quad core offering is nice but technology wise its ~ C2Q.
Core i5's performance and thermal profile is better any day.
But what's not better any day is 5470, which is still there..
Been waiting for Envy14 or any Dell with a decent GPU and i so don't think i'm gonna have a notebook this year, and then comes Sandy Bridge...The wait continues.

Dude..

Sandy bridge has not even dropped to desktop...

and it should take its good time to reach the lappies...

As says, Girls, and gadgets are similar, Wait longer to get a better one..

as per ParT 2, any idea by when will the Studio 15 be updated. Was planning to buy a new laptop arnd Nov or so but my current one died so kinda need one urgently. Am deciding b/w Studio 15, Vaio EB and Asus N53...suggestions welcome.
The dell US site is currently not offering any discreet grahics or blu-ray drives with the Studio 15 and seems that they are upgrading the graphics ...by when wud this trickle down to India?

This is the maximum configuration for Studio XPS 17 :

Processor: Intel Core I7

RAM: 16 GB

HDD: 1.2 TB

Graphics Card nVidia: 3GB of memory dedicated max

JBL Speakers

HDMI 1.4

USB 3.0

Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ...

:O 10chars

No idea as to when would the update be coming to india as of now..but i think this would be soon..Lets see as to when this trickles down to india and what all changes are brought here.. Since inspiron 17 or studio 17 is not being offered in india, i dont think studio xps 17 would make it to india as well.but, lets hope for the best.

wow the upgardes do seem worth waiting for...

Called up Dell today to finally place an order but was really pissed when they told me that each of the things that I really wanted (9cell battery, 1080p screen, backlit keyboard) was no longer available n the sales manager was too rude about the whole thing. Also the XPS16 no longer comes with blu-ray option...Finally not buying from Dell for now.

The Dell US site has not been offering a dedicated graphics card or blu-ray in Studio15 laptops since sometime now...so guess the upgrades are for real, only hoping that these are applied soon

peace,
~kg

I am looking at the Dell UK Online Prices since some time and the prices are actually increasing as the time goes by...

The i3 models of Studio and Inspiron are getting costlier ever week and the Pentium 6000 model also increased this week. Is something going wrong?

Why are the prices increasing? Anybody has any idea? Is it something to do with Core i availability? But then why is Pentium P6000 affected!

Back