Laptops Dell's new inspiron 'R' series - VFM

DarkAngel

Skilled
Just got a mail from dell announcing the release of their new inspiron 'R' series. Its the most cheapest inspiron series from dell. What's more. You can now get a inspiron 15R with i-3 330M, 4GB DDRIII and HD5470 for 36.9k :p Now thats called pressure. Guess Dell is reacting to the pressure form Sony's new E series and Acer 5740 which offers laptops with HD5470 for the same price.

Also now the cheapest laptop with core i-3 from dell the inspiron 14R costs only 30.4k(1k drop). You get a i-3 330M, 4GB RAM and 500GB HDD for only 34.9k. :hap5:

Now thats what i call competition. Bring it on guys :D

Inspiron 15R Laptop Details | Dell India

Inspiron 14R Laptop Details | Dell India

Also consider the currency.....Re is almost at 44 now ! The retail prices or bargained Dell call-centre prices for Core i3 are almost 29k now :p ( Old Inspiron 15 model)

@DarkAngel

Which will be best deal on Inspi 14 ?

I am strongly considering (T540508IN8) 4GB RAM & 500 GB HDD for 34,900Rs, Win 7 does not matter much as I already have it.

Please advice.

Yup get the (T540508IN8) 4GB RAM & 500 GB HDD for Rs.34,900 is the best deal. Loads of memory and storage.

Try to bargain with the dell rep or wait for that to be available in local dell stores. Few Dell retailers stock few models with DOS too.

Are you aware of any Dell rep who can better discount on this price ?

34,900+ 900 for shipping.

Asked few local shops, they have with McAfee 15 months version & 1 year accident cover but coming to 39000.

I dont need OS, dont need antivirus stuff. Where can we get best deal on Dell laptop ?

This is disgusting. I just bought the "New" Inspiron 15 this Saturday, and now prices have crashed. There was not even any indication of this new series. Pathetic.

ajab.ghajab said:
This is disgusting. I just bought the "New" Inspiron 15 this Saturday, and now prices have crashed. There was not even any indication of this new series. Pathetic.

welcome to technology,

btw if it was US you could just return this and order the new one :eek:hyeah:

_

Why would they announce publicly. Then they cant sell the remaining stocks na :p I guess there was some news about this model in the net even before 2 weeks but not much. It was kept low profile. No big official statements.

Its still not listed in the US site :p

Can someone list the major differences [if any] between the "New R" and the "New"? I couldn't find the older specs on the Dell website any more for comparison.

Most lappies are 1k cheaper and also you get a HD5470 option in inspiron 15 for the first time :D Other specs standard only i guess. The design is different in this inspiron. Esp. the hinge. Now the screen seems little closer to the user than the previous model.

Check the US site for specs of old inspiron. They have not listed the R series inspiron till yest night.

and how can we bargain for the laptop ?

actually i have not bought a laptop yet,was thinking of buying one

can you please elaborate - how can i bargain ? where do i bargain ???? and from where will i get the cheapest dell inspiron 15R - 36.9k one

@manojkrishnaks

Great, Can you please post small review, which model & how much did you pay ?

@ajab.ghajab

They have renamed New Inspiron to Inspiron 14R, Price is reduced by 1000 Rs for same config of old model.

Guys, if you are not into heavy gaming then dont go for HD 5470. It adds up extra heat & price.

I have verified myself on 14R demo piece with 2 GB RAM & Intel HD graphics able to play 720p & even 1080p movie super smooth.. Just plug HDMI to LCD & you are ready to go.

QUESTION TO ALL

I guess T540508IN8 is best value for money,

3 GB+320 GB is 32900

4 GB+500 GB is 34900,

Difference is 2000 Rs. Which one is better ?

What is 12.7" SATA Tray Load DVD+/-RW ?

Praks said:
@manojkrishnaks

QUESTION TO ALL

3 GB+320 GB is 32900
4 GB+500 GB is 34900,

My suggestion is to pay 2.4k and get 2 years hardware warranty. Dell's service is superb, but the price of warranty goes up if you dont get it at the time of ordering.

The cost of RAM, HDD, etc. will only go down with time.

QUESTION TO ALL

3 GB+320 GB is 32900
4 GB+500 GB is 34900,

In pure VFM point of view the 4 GB+500 GB is 34900 is better as 1GB DDR3 Laptop RAM costs ~Rs.1500 and the difference between 320GB and 500GB 2.5" Laptop HDD is ~Rs. 1500.

If you can afford better go for the 4GB RAM + 500GB HDD version.
i) Reason being 4GB RAM will run in dual channel mode unlike 3GB RAM. So slight performance gain for that.

ii) Also there are only 2 DIMM's in a notebook so in case you have to upgrade it to 4GB then you have to sell sell the 1GB stick.

iii) Go for more storage ya. You will fill it up in a matter of weeks :p\

@ajab.ghajab
They have renamed New Inspiron to Inspiron 14R, Price is reduced by 1000 Rs for same config of old model.

It is not only a internal hardware upgrade. The chassis design has changed slighly and they have new screen hinge and bezel design. You can clearly tell the Inspiron 14(1464 i guess) and the Inspiron 14R.

silverbyte said:
My suggestion is to pay 2.4k and get 2 years hardware warranty. Dell's service is superb, but the price of warranty goes up if you dont get it at the time of ordering.

The cost of RAM, HDD, etc. will only go down with time.

hmm, This is a very valid point.

May be take 3 GB+320 GB for 32900 & grab 2 year Accidental plan.

Its around 4000 Rs when taken with new laptop.

Do we get accidental plan cheap after words ?

Back