Depressing News

Depressing indeed! I have no hope left for this country. A year ago I was defending this country blindly. When all my friends and relatives were leaving the country for good, I stood my ground and was "proud" that I'm here, and swore that I'll be here forever.

Now I'm literally counting my days here, hopeful that I'll get my chance to go someplace else. India is going from bad to worse, and there is no stopping it.

This is depressing indeed.....that was a 3 yr old child.....dont these bufoons have a conscience of thier own or what.....really sad..Sick B***** :'(

A horrible barbaric and sad story... unfortunately this sort of things happen all over the world and is not specific to race or religion.

On new years eve a young African American was shot by a cop here in the bay area while out with his friends (no doubt doing a little rabble raising) but not worth being shot for.

Recently in the Bay Area California a homeless woman was doused with gas/petrol and burned alive by criminals out for some so called fun..... it's sick in a bad way.

very depressing incident indeed.

our indian politicians first should kill the internal C R A P factor in india before commenting on other nations.

curb this nonsense...

my vote goes to the political organisations who curbs all these cultural/moral/self policing :E

This makes the upbringing of the kid in Slumdog Princely..lol. This incident made it to the news because its some CPC's wife and kid, that's it. Feel sorry for the 3yr old burned to death. Oh well, 2-3 days and people will forget about it and move on :)

^^ I'm sorry because I really don't know Indian Politics at all.... but what can one honestly say about going around and coming around for a 3 year old that was completely innocent of anything and everything. Maybe the man deserved to be punished for some acts he may have committed... I don't know :) but for pity's sake they should leave the woman and children out of it.

^^ In India, woman and children are used to punish/harm the males.

For example, you won't find it out of place in a north Indian village that wife/daughters of somebody were raped by people who wanted to take revenge on that person. There are cases when people "punish" their "enemies" by raping their female relatives, even though those females have done no wrong. Or take the example of riots where mob specially pay attention to rape women or smash open the skulls of kids because that "will teach the other party a lesson".

Woman and kids are commodities in India... harming them means harming the persons to whom they "belong".

Depressing indeed! I have no hope left for this country. A year ago I was defending this country blindly.

A horrible barbaric and sad story... unfortunately this sort of things happen all over the world and is not specific to race or religion.

On new years eve a young African American was shot by a cop here in the bay area while out with his friends (no doubt doing a little rabble raising) but not worth being shot for.

Sad, but true..

A few months ago, I met a young African American lady in a pub who told me the story of her elder brother who was shot dead by cops on an Interstate for no apparent reason..

His apparent crime (at least per her) was that he was driving a Beemer dressed unlike he normally does (he used to work as an analyst in a wall street firm)

I agree that such incidents happen all over the world and are not only specific to India. Where ever you go, you can't escape humanity. May the dead rest in peace.

Back