Desktop Start Issue, stuck on CPU post, fans & rgbs working

Rohan99

Disciple
While browsing on my desktop, my pc just shut down on its own and got stuck at the CPU post light while the Ram RGB & Case fans are running at full speed.

After trying some online solutions, I just completely dismantled the pc and re-assembled it. CPU reseated, ram reinstalled, cleared COMS, etc

The pc started but then rebooted on its on it own a few times. I shut it down and rebooted for the same to repeat itself, eventually I was back to my original issue .ie. stuck at CPU post light with fans & RGB working.

I disconnected and reconnected everything (except CPU). But still not working

Any help please.

Spec.
Amd Ryzen 5 2600x
Msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac
Adata sx8200 pro 256 gb
Gskillz tridentz 3000mhz 2x 8gb
Zotac 1070ti amp edition
Seagate barracuda 1tb

You havent mentioned what power supply you using.
Try with single ram at a time and also enter bios and load defaults.

Fans running at full speed, Computer not booting, Computer starting without pressing the power button - All these generally point to a faulty motherboard. Does this board have a backup bios? If yes, you can try manually switching to backup bios.

Fans running at full speed, Computer not booting, Computer starting without pressing the power button - All these generally point to a faulty motherboard. Does this board have a backup bios? If yes, you can try manually switching to backup bios.
I don't think so

You havent mentioned what power supply you using.
Try with single ram at a time and also enter bios and load defaults.
Corsair Cx650
I tried with single sticks for ram, but didn't work.
I'm not even reaching the Bios screen

This used to work for me whenever I went overboard with undervolting on my X370 board.

Check if you have a reset CMOS button which is easier.
I did that as well, I even changed CMOS battery just to be sure.

RMA seem of cpu & Mobo seems to be the only solution, I have around 3.5 month left in the warranty

Check your EPS connector whether its properly seated and dont wait further if you feel its board ,they will always test prior to accepting an RMA .take along your proc and rams that too will be tested .But take along that plastic cpu case that came in your retail box

Last edited:
Check your EPS connector whether its properly seated and dont wait further if you feel its board ,they will always test prior to accepting an RMA .take along your proc and rams that too will be tested .But take along that plastic cpu case that came in your retail box
The Mobo didn't come with the cpu cover and I had called the msi service centre, they told me to bring the Mobo only

I'll be raising the amd RMA request tomorrow or maybe day after.

Stuck at work, unable to get the time for it

The Mobo didn't come with the cpu cover and I had called the msi service centre, they told me to bring the Mobo only

I'll be raising the amd RMA request tomorrow or maybe day after.

Stuck at work, unable to get the time for it
can understand , sailing int the same WFH boat

The motherboard is a decent one, it has a BIOS flash button.
This might fix your issue if it's related to BIOS and it's definitely worth trying.

Quote from MSI website "Flash BIOS Button: Simply use a USB key to flash any BIOS within seconds, without installing a CPU, memory or graphics card."

Get the latest BIOS file from here.
Extract the zip and get the BIOS file.
Rename the BIOS file to MSI.ROM
Get the USB drive and format it to FAT32 file system and place the MSI.ROM file at the root level of the drive, not in any folder.

You can go through the rest of the process in the video below

If it's a no fix then you can RMA it ASAP.

So after receiving a replaced cpu & repaired motherboard, I'm back to the same issue.

It worked fine for 1.5 days and now back to square one.

Any thoughts

Must be faulty PSU. Faced similar issues in the past. Try with any spare PSU before it permanently damage any other component.

So after receiving a replaced cpu & repaired motherboard, I'm back to the same issue.

It worked fine for 1.5 days and now back to square one.

Any thoughts
Ensure the wall socket or line isnt faulty as well as most of times users end up changing their rigs but forget to check electricity issues in their house..
Also if using ups/inverter check them too.

Back