Deworming our body ( Medical discussion)

Hello All,
I got very fascinated about this TRS episode( check below) but what got me little freaked out was when Dr. Alok Sharma(neurosurgeon) mentions worms and parasites inside our body which can even go to our brain and stay there without probably even knowing.. He also mentions that we must deworm ourself every 1 year.

Now I dont think I've ever done this in my entire life to my self (deworming) . I have been trying to read more about symptoms to know How we can know if we have any such harmful worm in the body.

I thought maybe discuss here and see if people here often do that and if it is just safe to take deworm tablets . Beside we have some professional Doctors as our members here I believe so some advice would be helpful to start with.

Here you can check this out the whole episode.

Thought one should use such tablets only in case infection is there.

Also will be intriguing to read:

Few other studies about immunity, reduced inflammation, etc. associated with parasitic infections and human body are there.

Was advised by a doctor to deworm. Have done it few times.
Generally worm infection is found in children and adults who eat excess sweet.
Please consult a Dr. if its really needed by you.

You can also look at preventing small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, they can create endotoxins, bloating, etc. when you eat something healthy like fruits and vegetables.

In general, if you eat quite frequently outside, it is a good option to take deworming tablets. Usually, two tablets taken a week apart are recommended. Deworming once a year should be good enough.

Back