Differences between Redmi and Xiaomi TVs

Pimpom

Disciple
Does anyone know the difference between Redmi and Xiaomi series of TVs?

Since their debut in India in 2014, I've bought nearly 100 phones and more than a dozen TVs from the company. These are for friends and relatives and I don't make a profit from them.

Now they are offering Redmi and Xiaomi TVs as two separate series of products. Does anyone know how the company categorizes the two lines? Is one series more of a premium line compared to the other?

Panel & software should be same among closely priced TVs as it will be cheaper overall.

IMO outside build might be different, like plastic vs some metallic elements (not sure, just speculating).

IMO Redmi series is for the entry to lower-mid segment of TVs while Xiaomi series is from mid to top end as they do with their fones

IMO Redmi series is for the entry to lower-mid segment of TVs while Xiaomi series is from mid to top end as they do with their fones
Mentioning top end is a bit of a stretch for Xiaomi. They have been using older unsold TCL panels in LED TVs and similarly older (lower grade?) OLED panels from LG for OLED. On top of that, their build quality, image processing and algorithms are just rubbish compared to the likes of Sony and Samsung.

However, they are aiming for the size to price market, so it probably serves the non-discerning crowd well.

Thanks, fellows. The impression I had was also that the Xiaomi is the name they give to their premium line.

Of course it wouldn't be fair to compare a 50k TV to a 100k model. But many people either can't afford the top brands or don't know or care about the difference.

Back