Digilocker - reliable and safe?

Hi all,

First time posting in this section.

I have been thinking of opening a Digilocker account... it seems quite useful.

How many of you are using it? Do you find it useful?

Have you used it to show to authorities when required?
I was reading about it on the internet, and it was launched in 2018. While the govt did issue orders that documents in the issued section are legal and valid, some authorities on ground did not recognize it. Has the situation changed now?

Is it safe? From what I read, Digilocker seems pretty safe.

I was hesitant to use UPI when it was introduced. I was concerned about security mainly... technology wise. I started using UPI in lockdown, and it has proved to be very useful, and it is also safe and secure. I now use it more than cash, whenever I can.

I think Digilocker will be the same... safe and secure?

I think it is also good in the sense that there will be online copies of the documents, so that if you lose them physically, or they get damaged, you have a soft copy of it available online.

Do you guys use its app on mobile too?

Sometimes when we try to login it says password wrong and does not login again.
Its cumbersome and needs much polish like the banking apps we use eg. ICICI , SBI , HDFC etc

Even the e-AADHAR is also cumbersome and it does not allow to login or use it.

Digilocker usage and login methodology is same like AADHAR.

Are you talking about login by username and password? I had a look at the Digilocker site yesterday, and I think now there is no option to login via username/password. Instead, they use OTP now.

Maybe the app still uses username/password.

Yes, it should be more polished. That's why people get frustrated.

Even BHIM UPI app needs polishing and more features, like PhonePe. I use PhonePe and it works great.

Do you find Digilocker useful though?

Are you talking about login by username and password? I had a look at the Digilocker site yesterday, and I think now there is no option to login via username/password. Instead, they use OTP now.

Maybe the app still uses username/password.

Yes, it should be more polished. That's why people get frustrated.

Even BHIM UPI app needs polishing and more features, like PhonePe. I use PhonePe and it works great.

Do you find Digilocker useful though?
No I created it long ago and when I tried to login its saying wrong password and when I try to get my password by going into forgot password it does not let me login even then.
So I got frustrated and left it.

I think Microsoft onedrive and Google drive are much better to store documents rather becoming mental by using Digilocker.

I don't know about BHIM UPI but I mostly use ICICI bank app, GPay & PhonePe where ever they are needed and easy to use.

Usually I use to use Paytm but now these other UPI apps are being used widely and accepted also.

But this trend was first introduced by Paytm and now others just took them a step forward.

Sorry to hear about your experience with Digilocker.

I started using UPI first with BHIM, because I think it is from the government. But, I found it to be lacking in features like prepaid mobile recharge. I tried SBI UPI, but that too is not polished.

I avoided GPay, because first, I don't trust Google with my money, LOL, and secondly, read that on GPay, sometimes transactions get stuck. So I opted for PhonePe and am quite happy with it.

Sorry to hear about your experience with Digilocker.

I started using UPI first with BHIM, because I think it is from the government. But, I found it to be lacking in features like prepaid mobile recharge. I tried SBI UPI, but that too is not polished.

I avoided GPay, because first, I don't trust Google with my money, LOL, and secondly, read that on GPay, sometimes transactions get stuck. So I opted for PhonePe and am quite happy with it.
Trust Google but not tencent which is partly owned by Alibaba.
Tencent partly owns Paytm and this is the reason I choosen GPay & PhonePay over it.

And to recharge I use the Jio App and to recharge BSNL numbers which are my parents I use Paytm which this is the best.
And also to pay the Power bills (electricity bills) I use Paytm.

For property tax and water tax I use my corporation webpage. Takes some time to reflect but trustable than even Paytm.

Sometimes even PhonePay & GPay or Paytm payments refuses to go through so I wait and use which is beneficial according to time.

PhonePay , GPay are used for Uber and Ola cab service payments while to transfer I am mostly using GPay.

I mainly use PhonePe for all the transactions and bill payments like electricity, Fastag, mobile recharge, insurance premiums etc. I use BHIM for paying the gas bill, which is convenient, because I book the gas from the Indane app. From PhonePe, you have to book and pay from PhonePe itself. Never tried it.

I had problem with PhonePe just once at a medical shop... the transaction just won't go through. I had to wait for around 10-15 minutes maybe.

Hope to hear from others about their experience with Digilocker.

I mainly use PhonePe for all the transactions and bill payments like electricity, Fastag, mobile recharge, insurance premiums etc. I use BHIM for paying the gas bill, which is convenient, because I book the gas from the Indane app. From PhonePe, you have to book and pay from PhonePe itself. Never tried it.

I had problem with PhonePe just once at a medical shop... the transaction just won't go through. I had to wait for around 10-15 minutes maybe.

Hope to hear from others about their experience with Digilocker.
Why use BHIM app when you can use the registered mobile number while booking Indonesia Gas or HP Gas because this is hassle free and you will get immediate confirmation via an SMS from the respective agency.

And regarding medical stores my parents buys from trusted Khathawala while I use CGHS card issued by the central government which is absolutely free unless if any surgery isn't covered under then my dad has his trusted medical khathawala from which I get medicines but this is rare.

Nowadays since Paytm started it, we are using PhonePay or Gpay right.

Otherwise respective banks UPI is more safe & trusted.

And I forgot to add my favorite way of paying for food items since I am a great "Foodie"

I use mostly swiggy and use either Paytm or ICICI bank net banking or debit card saved within the app.

I think Zomato increases the prices of the food items and then gives a discount.
Just compare side by side the same restraunrants one will notice very clearly.

I use digilocker app on mobile and have used it to show Driving license to traffic policeman once when I forgot to carry the physical DL.
Didn't face problem.

I use digilocker app on mobile and have used it to show Driving license to traffic policeman once when I forgot to carry the physical DL.
Didn't face problem.
I used to show my Advocates ID when ever any traffic policeman used to stop me.
But then this e-AADHAR isn't working as I want to have a soft copy of the same but couldn't because it isn't working and needs refinement.

I don't use Digilocker regularly, but had updated all the documents that can be fetched using the service and keep it there just in case I don't have the physical document with me at any time since Digilocker is officially supposed to be recognised by all government entities and is now officially also integrated with passport seva.

Why use BHIM app when you can use the registered mobile number while booking Indonesia Gas or HP Gas because this is hassle free and you will get immediate confirmation via an SMS from the respective agency.

And regarding medical stores my parents buys from trusted Khathawala while I use CGHS card issued by the central government which is absolutely free unless if any surgery isn't covered under then my dad has his trusted medical khathawala from which I get medicines but this is rare.

Nowadays since Paytm started it, we are using PhonePay or Gpay right.

Otherwise respective banks UPI is more safe & trusted.

And I forgot to add my favorite way of paying for food items since I am a great "Foodie"

I use mostly swiggy and use either Paytm or ICICI bank net banking or debit card saved within the app.

I think Zomato increases the prices of the food items and then gives a discount.
Just compare side by side the same restraunrants one will notice very clearly.

One benefit of using UPI on various other apps is the cashback. I guess it varies but the last couple of times I received 37 and 25 bucks as Amazon Pay cashback for transactions of 500-600 which is fine as I use Amazon regularly for purchases. GPay has far too many issues with payments getting stuck and they have also nearly stopped providing cashbacks.

I also use Swiggy a lot (had purchased the annual membership that was available with Times Prime last year) but I always end up getting discounts on one card or the other every time I place an order (SBI, ICICI, IndusInd, Payzapp, HDFC), so I never have to use any other payment method. Even if there are no offers I still have the tax-free food card that works as well, so no reason to use UPI at all. I always compare Zomato and Swiggy prices and the only time Zomato is cheaper is when they have a 15-20% discount on Zomato Pro combined with a coupon code or bank discount. Otherwise, Swiggy is cheaper in most cases for comparable offers as delivery is free. However, Zomato delivers from well over 10km in some cases, so it becomes a necessity when ordering from further away.

I don't use Digilocker regularly, but had updated all the documents that can be fetched using the service and keep it there just in case I don't have the physical document with me at any time since Digilocker is officially supposed to be recognised by all government entities and is now officially also integrated with passport seva.

One benefit of using UPI on various other apps is the cashback. I guess it varies but the last couple of times I received 37 and 25 bucks as Amazon Pay cashback for transactions of 500-600 which is fine as I use Amazon regularly for purchases. GPay has far too many issues with payments getting stuck and they have also nearly stopped providing cashbacks.

I also use Swiggy a lot (had purchased the annual membership that was available with Times Prime last year) but I always end up getting discounts on one card or the other every time I place an order (SBI, ICICI, IndusInd, Payzapp, HDFC), so I never have to use any other payment method. Even if there are no offers I still have the tax-free food card that works as well, so no reason to use UPI at all. I always compare Zomato and Swiggy prices and the only time Zomato is cheaper is when they have a 15-20% discount on Zomato Pro combined with a coupon code or bank discount. Otherwise, Swiggy is cheaper in most cases for comparable offers as delivery is free. However, Zomato delivers from well over 10km in some cases, so it becomes a necessity when ordering from further away.
Is it recognized by all government entities or not isn't the issue here but is it good enough to be used and when ever we change our phones it should properly allow the user to login otherwise its whole purpose will be negated all together because such is the issue with e-AADHAR app.

And regarding discounts I used to get when ever I use swiggy and pay via Amazon Pay.
And I got only once via GPay and Paytm.

These scratch cards we get while using GPay is of no use unless we use them regularly.

Like the Flipkart Gold Coins which I used to get Zee5 & Hungama Play is more beneficial.
I also used the same coins to get Uber Gift Card which was very beneficial and one of the best ways to hop around in the city in case we cannot pay using GPay or PhonePay or Paytm.

Regarding transportation in Tier 1 & 2 cities Uber is great and regarding Tier 3 & 4 cities Ola is the only option as Uber isn't available there yet.

So buying a Uber & Ola Gift cards to top up in case of any failure of GPay or PhonePay is recommended always.

Been using it for years ... very useful. Works everywhere. I don't carry PAN/AADHAR/DL etc. Has worked at the airports too. Its a gov app. use without fear.
I was reading about it on the internet, and it was launched in 2018. While the govt did issue orders that documents in the issued section are legal and valid, some authorities on ground did not recognize it.
Do you guys use its app on mobile too?
Yes. Specially when I travel.

1614604063221.png

Been using it for years ... very useful. Works everywhere. I don't carry PAN/AADHAR/DL etc. Has worked at the airports too. Its a gov app. use without fear.

Yes. Specially when I travel.

View attachment 101161
I carry every kind of document because paper carries more value in case of verification and confirmation.
Sometimes DigiLocker does not open then what to do?
So its always better to carry proper physical documents.
Because we advocates know very well whats the value of paper.

Take for example any act which used to apply to whole union of India except jammu and kashmir before revoking Article 370 but everybody is equal, no exceptions what so ever.
Now no fear for anybody from anybody and by providing opportunities I mean enough again it would become the state it was so many years ago.

I carry every kind of document because paper carries more value in case of verification and confirmation.
Sometimes DigiLocker does not open then what to do?
So its always better to carry proper physical documents.
Because we advocates know very well whats the value of paper.

Take for example any act which used to apply to whole union of India except jammu and kashmir before revoking Article 370 but everybody is equal, no exceptions what so ever.
Now no fear for anybody from anybody and by providing opportunities I mean enough again it would become the state it was so many years ago.
Yeah only thing I really fear is some cops looking to make a quick buck might refuse to acknowledge validity / authenticity of this app .. just for some extra cash.
So yes. Carry old school dox as well :)

Yeah only thing I really fear is some cops looking to make a quick buck might refuse to acknowledge validity / authenticity of this app .. just for some extra cash.
So yes. Carry old school dox as well :)
Oh oh boy
Nowadays cops can't make a quick buck
Everything has gone electronic I mean e-challan type.

Oh oh boy
Nowadays cops can't make a quick buck
Everything has gone electronic I mean e-challan type.
Then I don't understand the need to keep paper IDS with me, but I do keep my dl and pollution cert with me to avoid possible lengthy conversations with greedy cops.

Then I don't understand the need to keep paper IDS with me, but I do keep my dl and pollution cert with me to avoid possible lengthy conversations with greedy cops.
Your answer is its own answer.
So Mr.Modiji just reduced a lot of hassle for us dutiful citizens right.
We should be indebted to him always.
PS: Dont call me a bhakt because I am not but I adore Bharatiya Janatha Party since 2012.
My faith & belief never went wasted.

Back