disconnections on Sify broadband

pom99

Disciple
I have 256/512 kbps connection and i pay a princely sum of rupees 1150 per month for it. I have of late started keeping the torrent downloads " ON" while going to office in the morning. Late in the evening , when I return from work, I find everyday without fail that the net is not working.

When I try to login through the sify broadband client , it shows that it is already CONNECTED. So, naturally I have to log out to log in again.

Now comes the climax. As soon as I press log out, I get a message, " Invalid session" after which I have to login back again and resume as normal.

It pains me to see that I have paid 1150 bucks for a 24 hr and get service of perhaps 8 -10 hours at the most. Any way out ? I know how helpful CC executives are .... :mad:

Code:
http://202.144.65.70:8090/login_rest.php

Try logging in from the above URL. I too had the same problem and after constant pestering they pass this URL.

I tried with the above link but when i try to login through it its forwards to some sify downloading page. please help how to use that link... cause me too facing the same problem..

YA ... the above URL doesn't help. There is only a link to logout and again download sify bb client. How does the link work ?

^^ that URL will help only those who fall under that DNS..

try

Code:
http://[I]YourPrimaryDNS[/I]:8090/login_rest.php

Still not working 2 dns ip's are configured on my machine i tried with both but it doesnt work :( Mr. POM99 any luck with this link ??

i noticed it regularly disconnects me after 14 or so hours past the time you logged on so i just re-login periodically. it's the only fix i've at the moment. obviously its being done to keep downloads under control though. long ago when super sify worked this never happened though.

guys, it's a pity that you are still using that shit broadband. You better get a better one. I had a nightmarish experience with them. been using Airtel and for the past 1 year, there were only two downtimes. one was planned and one unplanned. in the second instance, cable was cut somehow and it was replaced in 24 hours.

So the sify issue is still not solved, after so many months of starting this thread. Random downtimes at night also. Simply impossible to keep a task scheduler also as it disconnects at no fixed time. Have tried Customer care which as usual can't give me any answers. I am stuck as there is no other service provider in my area.

What about TATA Photon+ or Reliance netconnect. Though they are not that great, they are still lot lot better than the shitty sify.

My sify always disconnects at 2:14 AM, no matter what the time of login. Seems to be a server side scripted setting.

axeman said:
My sify always disconnects at 2:14 AM, no matter what the time of login. Seems to be a server side scripted setting.
it is a fixed time u r lucky. Set task scheduler for sify broadband to 2.15 am and it will automatically reconnect at that time.

I will again try setting another time on scheduler today. Slim chances but still will hope it works. These b*****d corporates should be dragged to court for cheating people.

desiibond said:
What about TATA Photon+ or Reliance netconnect. Though they are not that great, they are still lot lot better than the shitty sify.

Tata Photon is not there in Pune I think. Reliance netconnect has shitty download limits of 10 GB and 15 GB max which in effect means 2 HD movies download and I m done for the month. :p
So cant take that also.

Back