Discounts on Apple Macbook pro?

Nikhil

Skilled
I'm planning to buy a macbook pro. When I spoke to one of the sales execs on the phone, he told me there were no discounts.

Not even student discounts.

Any idea as to where I can get some discounts?

+1 to that. Apple does offer student discounts of around 15% plus the 3 year warranty is discounted by almost 80% :eek:hyeah:. This is true for UK and US. Not sure about India but will definitely be there. The best part is that the battery warranty is dependent on the charge discharge cycles so it is not limited to one year.

Yo tyreboi, did you enquire at the iStore/iMagine store/Croma et al? :p

Croma used to provide the student discounts at a time. Last time when Funky had gotten his MB, he seemed to have suggested the student policy might be stopping anytime soon. Not so sure on that.

Give a ring to these outlets and find out - LINKY!

motorheadinc said:
+1 to that. Apple does offer student discounts of around 15% plus the 3 year warranty is discounted by almost 80% :eek:hyeah:. This is true for UK and US. Not sure about India but will definitely be there. The best part is that the battery warranty is dependent on the charge discharge cycles so it is not limited to one year.

As a student, I got a 25% discount on apple care and $100 off on the MBP.

Which model are you looking at Nikhil?

Student discounts are very much applicable in India. Go to your nearest Apple store and check with them.

However hold your purchase for a few weeks until the newer upgraded models reach India :)

ajab.ghajab said:
^ Was that in India?

It was in USA.

I agree with Anish, the latest MBPs have a decent upgrade. But haven't they arrived in India yet? They need to shipped from China, thought it would have happened already.

Anish, newer models have already reached :)

I'm looking at the i7 15" MBP or if budget doesnt permit, the i5 15" MBP.

When I called up the helpline no. given at the apple website, they said no student discounts!

And I wont be getting my ID card for at least 2 more months. But it's confirmed that I'm starting studies again. Will some sort of admission letter help?

^Arey grab an ID card from your cousins/friends/neighbours/ex-girlfriend/long-lost friend. Have all of them in your family done with their colleges and schools?

I remember a couple of years back, Apple had a student discount. Was around 10-12% range.

On a parallel note, as a student, isn't a Windows based PC a better choice? I, for one didn't see anyone in my MBA program using a Mac. But then it's a matter of choice and usage..

Croma currently offers a free 500GB Portable HDD with all MBP models. The Core ix models are yet to hit indian shores though.

Back