Dishwasher purchase EDIT: Bought Siemens SE25

pratikb

Skilled
hi all,
We decided to buy dishwasher after lot of headaches of servants.

as far i read about,

1) siemens is in indian market and its one of best reliable if they maintain same quality as our medical gadgets.
2) LG also available but dont know anyone using it.
3) IFB--i have microwave and its service is already headache when it breaks down(once only it had issue but its servicing was big headache and finally had to find some individual doing repairs in his own capacity to solve small problem,it was just one fuse which had blown and IFB wanted to change whole magnetron)
4) KAFF dont know any one using its dishwashers and service network.

guys help me buy one for my family.

I have an IFB at my parent's place and its nothing but trouble.Stay away. Its failed twice in 4 years and we had to spend 6k on its repairs.

If siemens is available, its the best buy. Think no further. How much does it retail for?

i am told about some a25 model which will retail for 32k by pune dealer and more importantly service if needed is another concern.

anyone has info about how is siemens after sales service?

could be be wrong but IMO, dishwashers arern't that effective when its comes to indian food, they dont effectively take out all the oil and grime sticking to the dishes, so they need to scrubbed before being put in it and if one has to scrub them one might as well wash them manually.

Dishwasher can clean your day to day utensils like glasses, cups, plates etc. but when it come to heavy cooking utensils they fail big time... Need extra scrubbing manually...

dishwashers are good in country like US where even the servants charge by the hour..

in india ask some servant to do it(400 rupaiya wali bai for a month)..

and i mean for the right reasons ;)

^ correct that's one of the reasons why dish washers are not very popular here, u can get a highly intelligent, thinking and self-aware dishwasher for 500~1K bucks per month in India.

HailStonE said:
Dishwasher can clean your day to day utensils like glasses, cups, plates etc. but when it come to heavy cooking utensils they fail big time... Need extra scrubbing manually...

Yeah each time i was on a trip to friends/relatives in Europe..when we cooked Indian food, the dishwashers sucked big time.

But then if its a special requirement for mom then obviously what can one do :p

Spoke with my family friend who also happens to be dealer of home appliances. He has kindly agreed to bring Siemens dishwasher from any dealer in Pune or Mumbai and today am going to finalize which one to buy.need to discuss with him only.

Guys which Siemens model you all would suggest.

Depends on your budget. You already know the nuances of all the dishwashers with Indian conditions in light.. Siemens are much better in quality then all the available options... So go through the features & budget then make a sound decision... :)

I've been using Dishwashers for years and don't see what the fuss is about. Definitely a better choice than a "baai". All you need to do is make sure you RTFM first. I've seen people place utensils randomly and not the way they are meant to. There are "intensity" setting on the DW no-one seems to care and pass burnt/fried utensils as "Daily Load" instead of "Intense".

I'd say go ahead with a dishwasher fully aware that its like any other "machine" you own. It needs to be taken care of, it has parts that may go bust or deteriorate with time. Longer warranty helps and I learn it the hard way. IFB has some nifty service as long as things are covered under warranty. The moment you are outta warranty be prepared to shell out big-bucks like chaos said. No direct experience with Siemens service as it has not needed any in its 2 years of operation but it is 8k above the IFB and that might be an issue. Quality-wise both are pretty good at "cleaning".

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the "Baai" would never give you clean AND dried utensils, which a dishwasher does. I for one love a completely dry plate.

so take a note of hardness of water used in the washer. this is one important factor if unnoticed cause problm. have a softner which would cost around 25k which again requires maintenance..

This is coming straight from someone who purchased a dishwasher 2 months back (siemens, don't even think of IFB). Forget what everybody says about the cost, go about your peace of mind, if thats what you are looking for.

+LT

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

cyberwiz said:
could be be wrong but IMO, dishwashers arern't that effective when its comes to indian food, they dont effectively take out all the oil and grime sticking to the dishes, so they need to scrubbed before being put in it and if one has to scrub them one might as well wash them manually.

Do you have first hand experience or you just heard about it?

+LT

My cousin has a Siemens dishwasher at his place and works pretty fine without any problems.

I think it is a better brand to go for than the others in terms of quality and service.

linuxtechie said:
Do you have first hand experience or you just heard about it?

+LT

first hand used a few of them in Germany and UK but obviously if people here have bought them and are using them regularly and they are proving to be effective then that should be enough proof to lay to rest all doubts regarding effectiveness..

We have a dishwasher here in my apartment and have used just once. It is hardly effective against the Indian food that we use. We use it for storing utensils :p

This is just my personal opinion though.

teche said:
Any user accounts for Siemens dishwashers? Im also looking to buy one.

Nothing much to complain about, except the small and non-split dish tray, which IFB has. On the other hand, the quality seems well beyond IFB as it has not needed any servicing in the past 2 years.

Back