PC Peripherals Display, DELL or SAMSUNG.

hector19

| Crafted for Gaming |
Adept
Hello Techies .

am in need of your guidance again :)

saying goodbye to my old Viewsonic 19" LCD. Going for an Upgrade.

My Budget is 16-17k :)

I have finalized on 2 models. Samsung PX2370 and DELL U2311.

am confused between these two. Please suggest me which one to go for !

Usage : HD Movies , and HD GAMING ONLY ( fps ) .

i thought of going for the DELL IPS one, but it doesn't feature a HDMI port, and may say/claim that its not fit for FPS games and its KINDA IDEAL for HD Movies . Please shed some light here .

So which one should i go for ? Samsung PX2370 and DELL U2311. ?

Also if you got other Model which will Justify my needs , please suggest .

Dell U2311H anytime .

The pros are

1)The 8 bit display(accurate colors)

2)The viewing angle are the best

3)It can be tilted in portrait or landscape mode.Dont know if u need it but its a handy feature cause some people keep it portrait for reading ,browsing and i also sometime use it write programs its really a good feature if u make good use of it but then also people have 2 display in the first place so they keep one in portrait mode and one in landscape.

The Con is

that it has no HDMI port (can use converters)

I have played crysis 2 on it no issues but considering even the fast paced fps its not an issue for not buying it

And also the TN panels records the lowest response time its not like that the TN 2ms all the time The response time are the fastest recorded time.

Also people just say Response time and forget Display input lag(which are not advertised by manufactures).

Also the display input lag in DELL Ultrasharp series are less than the TN ones which varies a lot in TN panels.

So DELL-less display input lag but slower response time Samsung -faster response time but more display input lag.

See buy IPS if u have the budget and TN if ur low on budget.

About the HDMI yeah its a negative but if u are using it for PC then there is no problem

Also there are converters HDMI to DVI dont know about their fidelity while conversion.

I have used DP(male) to DVI(female) converter with U2311 the picture quality is good (i have observed that the white looks a bit different with the converter)

don't know about HDMI To DVI haven't tried it.

BUY the DELL U2311H for sure.Unless u want HDMI badly.

Don't worry about the ghosting not much of an issue(my personal view ).

Display input lag is worst than ghosting though ghosting phenomenon is felt strongly then input lag but both are important for games like Counter Strike.

^ Thanks Buddy .

Will go for the DELL :D .

Getting it for 14k inclv tax in Bangalore. Ashirvad Computers S.P Road .

and guys on a second note, how's this Display ?

( Dell Alienware AW2210 Full HD ) for 15k ?

Many claim DELL u2311 ain't a best choice for games like Crysis 2 n upcoming games like Bf3 n MW3 :( .

^^ TN Panel so loses out to the Dell U2311H, no you can't use the 3D glasses effectively on the Dell Ultrasharp monitors you'll do fine as long as you want to game, no 3D or other gimmicks please.

^ Bud, i'll be just maxing out Games , apart from that NOPE , NATHIN , NADA .. no 3D .

as i said earlier main usage would be Console , PC Gaming and HD Movies . So guys, whats the final call ? :)

DELL or XXXX ?

guys u are way way mistaken. IPS is good but who said the best for gaming. IPS has slow response times. and 2311 is not 8 bit its 6 bit. for gaming TN panels are way better than IPS. dell alienware is actually better than 2311 h for gaming. 2311h is for photo pros. alienware that cheap is great

^^ I think it performs commendably enough to be brought into a comparison with other TN panels, the greatest factor that plagues them (TN panels) is the fact that colors are not accurate and that comes into play during gaming and HD movie rips (I played Dead Space on a TN and a U2311H), there was no ghosting (or related lag in frames), as well the colors (especially BLACK) really stood out.

I agree the U2311H might not be the best gaming panel, but it defeats all other monitor sub -- 15000/- clearly enough to be the monitor of choice irrespective whether you are a professional OR gaming / movie freak.

not necessarily dude. the colour gamut is a thing only for measurement. 100% implies 16.7 million colours. tge eye can percieve only a max 5 million. a TN panel can nowadays output upto an average of 72% of this gamut around 12 million colours. so gamut is useless for those with gaming needs.

^

I am also using Dell U2311H, played CS 1.6, Crysis Warhead, Metro 2033 (In progress), FEAR 3 (In progress) and some more, no ghosting effects are noticed so far except for 1nce I think during CS 1.6. Nothing else from that day onwards till now, its an excellent monitor and the color reproduction is too good to resist. Its a huge upgrade from my TN panel Viewsonic 19 incher, I can say that eyes closed.

:)

Back