Diy Cpu Cooling

rakesh_sharma23

Do It Yourself
Adept
This is Rakesh Sharma from Jodhpur Rajasthan.

I have made my self a Transparent Case and Watter cooling for my Rig.

I love to do such stuff..
Hope you all like it.

Homemade water cooling Case (NEW 22" LCD)
some new CPU Cooling stuff SUB-ZERO temp..

HAVE A LOOK at my workplace
workplacear3.jpg

This is the TEC i got from scrapyard
tec1xs5.jpg

tec2ie0.jpg

I need to test it, Working or DEAD
tectest1sb9.jpg

After 1 min. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO its working. You can ice formation on it... GOD i am Lucky
tectest2uj6.jpg

Its time to load it on to my system
systemwg8.jpg

TEC is on it's place.....sandwich between CPU and Waterblock.....
tecinplaceol3.jpg

tecreadyge3.jpg

Result WOOOOO just 2c COOL
tempra6.jpg

Dont worry it is just a test... I know TEC can reach very low temp.. and can result in condensation on motherboard ....lead to electric short circuit on MB.

Currently i have removed TEC . i will Install this TEC with some type of Temperature voltage controller which will stop TEC from going SUBZERO TEMP.
OR somthing else.....wait and see.....

cool stuff !!!
and what is more important you have really worked on ur rig , using locally available parts, ur mind and some hard work and dedication.

Good work, Keep it up and do keep us posted.

Thanks every one

Here are few pics with dust filters :-

img0369rt2.jpg

img0370hx6.jpg

img0371wg9.jpg

img0372he3.jpg

img0373wl3.jpg

img0374ru6.jpg

img0375pn0.jpg

img0376ko8.jpg

img0377jg7.jpg

The dust filter worked very good.
No dust in my cabinet.

Want to know about my pump development. I dont have pics of pump development, but i can give you some Idea.
First you should have a pumping unit and second driving unit to drive pump..In my case i am using HP inkjet head motor to drive pump armature.

I have also made a small pump for my Gpu Water block(under progress).
hava a look on motor , pump unit , armature and small pump running..

pump1ot5.jpg

pump2jk9.jpg

pump3zd9.jpg

pump4ht5.jpg

pump5dt3.jpg

pump6zr1.jpg

mpump01sy9.jpg

mpump02eq9.jpg

mpump03vx9.jpg

mpump04ox8.jpg

This small pump can emply 20 liters in less then a minute running on 15V DC. Head flow is about 1.7 m on 15V DC

Noisy on 15v but very quite on 12v.

hey, rakesh .

i see u always like to flaunt ur Dust filters ................
post some temp results with & w/o dust filters .
---------
i tried the dust filter the same way u did , but material used was tissue paper (i feel spunge will restrict airflow even more ) . it was done for my 120mm AMIGO front intake FAN .

here are results:
GPU temps 64-65C @ IDLE (or just doing surfing)
GPU temps 57-58C @IDLE (surfing)

OCCT Test:
with Dust filter:
in 1 minuite GPU temps kicked to 84C
& while 2nd minite was just to be completed it touched 90C :O

it was foolish to test further , as long 15min OCCT test gave me highes temps of 84C without dust filter ..........

YES, that thing avoids just but it is just not worth the temps diffrence .

my GPU is 8800GTX , from which i have removed stock cover & fan , and have attached(using tags) 120mm AMIGO FAN over fins of cooler .
so thats a huge diffrence

my cabby is mini tower from CIRCLE

GPU pick:

First i used Dust fillter cos Dust inside a transparent cabinet looks bad.

Dont use tissue paper as filter, they just dont filter air, it just stops air flow.. that's y u are getting such a high temp....

Use 5mm thick filter spong. Dont use filters for fan which are inside the case. as you are using a fan on your GPU.
use filters for fan which are pulling fresh air from outside the cabinet, to prevent dust to enter the cabinet.

rakesh_sharma23 said:
First i used Dust fillter cos Dust inside a transparent cabinet looks bad.

Dont use tissue paper as filter, they just dont filter air, it just stops air flow.. that's y u are getting such a high temp....

Use 5mm thick filter spong. Dont use filters for fan which are inside the case. as you are using a fan on your GPU.
use filters for fan which are pulling fresh air from outside the cabinet, to prevent dust to enter the cabinet.

i am using that tissue paper made dust filter on FAN at front only .............NOT on one which is on GPU .(i have just posted of GPU , so that u can undestnad how FAN is connected on GPU)

can u check the temps. by removing dust filters & applying dust filters ?

i think those dust filters will restrict air flow a lot .

Tissue paper is not only gonna block teh dust but also the air. No air is gonna be able to get through tissue paper man..

I use similar sponge dust filters.. and they work well enough.

Back