Diy Cpu Cooling

After upgrade to Biostar board I found that GFX card is not getting proper air flow from side panel fan cos card is now placed in bottom pci-e 16 slot resulting increase in temp of GFX.
So decided to do something. Cut the side panel and fitted an Aluminum wire grill. And placed two Foxconn 92mm fan.

906ng1.jpg

142a72f.jpg

But these fan are very noise in my wc setup. Got to do something…..searched my work place found a 5w thermo-resistance used in Xerox machine to temp control huge 240mm 24v fan.
So designed a 1-3 fan pin extender with two connectors are controlled by this thermo-resistance. Resuling a quite fans…..
1j58n9.jpg

35cqyqg.jpg

16915wg.jpg

es91rs.jpg

vpkcd0.jpg

a08nc9.jpg

20gmas5.jpg

20seoub.jpg

I don't know how I missed this thread, but great work there... :hap2: Repped ya.

But one thing I have to tell you is that yours is the first rig I saw on TE that looks more dirtier than mine. The transparent case probably highlights the dust even more.

Thanks Every one for your best replies.

@Amarbir I am from Jodhpur Rajasthan.
@Lord.... Yes all transparent case do look bab cos of improper Cable management.
Specially DIY transparent case... in early designing stage i just forgot about cable management. But i have learned many important lessons through this case, that i can promise you all that my next case will not disappoint you.

@ \mib2_007 ..Yes Sir..Jodhpur and Jaipur city are close about 5 hr drive...so you can say "distance Bro.."

Thanks every one

Sorry buddy was too bussy these days... And about trade... Next month my friend is bringing me some goodies from us...i7+mobo+gtx285 at very low price..actually someone sold his new rig and he purchased it for me ...

So droped trade...

By the way what CPU + mobo u have for trade.....?

Hi Rakesh....amazing work man....very inspiring,I have a problem wid my pc heating as well...My system specs are as follows:
pentium D 930 3.0Ghz
intel 945 GNTl mobo
2 GB RAM
500GB+160GB hdisk(seagate)
8600GT nvidia geforce 512 MB DDR3 graphic card
and a local cpu case
my processor temp hovers around 70-75 on idle and shoots upto 85-87 on full load....I know pentium D is notoriously known as power plants and get very hot but i feel its above normal....I tried changing the cpu heatsink..
Actually the room in which I keep the pc is not well ventilated and it gets hot..so maybe thts the prob..but how can i counter it becoz i cant change the room in which my pc is kept for some reasons....
Give me some suggestions pls

Thanks for giving me honor to help you with some idea..

Pentium D is a so called heater... to cool it down you need some proper air flow in your pc cabinet.
Stock Heatsink is not a good heatsink...go for some heat tube type heatsink with 120mm fan.
Use good heat compound.
Install some 120mm low noise fan in your cabinet.
This will help you out... Or go for water cooling.( but it's expensive )

If you can tell me what cabinet you are having, i can give you position of fans to be installed for cooling.

Back