DIY/experimental Media server sharing

rehankumar

Disciple
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this, please delete the thread if not allowed

My initial plan is to have a normal qbittorrent webui interface where one can add torrents (through a vpn) which will be then moved to a Google workspace's team drive (we will be having our own workspace enterprise admin account, unlimited storage, as many drives as we want)

The files can then be streamed/downloaded either through Google drive's own webui/app or through SMB/SFTP/webdav/Plex (streaming files will be cached somewhere in India for better performance/seek)

This is just the basic structure, more things can be added as per requirement (encrypted store, sonarr/radarr, etc.)

Wanted to know if anyone is interested in something like this?

Will probably also post a DIY setup guide with all the scripts/files (or a container image if that's more useful)
Also not doing it for profit (just a fun experiment for me, and I will be paying my share too) all the server/subscription costs will be transparent

Also note that it's Google, famous for nuking it's plans/products so no guarantee till when Google will allow storing files without restrictions
Google drive part can be completely removed too if required, relying solely on the local storage of the server

If you need any pointers for this let me know @rehankumar . Been running my own setup for almost 3 years now.
Also I think this thread would be more apt in Software or Networking rather than Hot Deals and Coupons

Thanks @Usman Raza
Will definitely ask for tips, though I already had a working project which was discontinued due to lack of interest afterwards (100+ TB drives), plus I do have a home nas for personal use
It's more of a way for me have feedback and improve/add features

Added this in deal and coupon as the post was related to money (pool funding of server/Google workspace) though the core topic does suit a lot better in software/networking

You can either have something like this, a server/computer running Plex and other shit and have rclone syncing to your cloud drive

1673297949387.png

Back