Storage Solutions DL DVD Burning Problem !!

Hey guys,

Bought a new LG SATA DVD Writer recently and bought 200 DL DVD'S from dvdstoredelhi to burn lots of data. Now the problem is I am not able to burn a single DL DVD. Where as i am able to burn Single layer DVD. When I start Nero to burn DL DVD the writing speed is disabled, means i am not able to change from 2.4x to any other speed. Even if i continue with writing at 2.4x, Nero tends to show "Not responding". But in "My Computer" the disc is shown as 7.96GB free out of 7.96GB. Guys please help me ASAP. Need to clear the mess in my HDD's.

Below are the pictures which show the same.
mycomputerf.png

nerot.png

neronotresponding.png

Cheers

Been using CDBurnerXP for movies and ImgBurn for iso's for a long time for burning DL DVDs.. never had a single problem with either.

Ok people, will try using ImgBurn and see if there is any progress !!

@Punker- Was using Nero 10 until i was using a IDE writer. Tried burning DL DVD using Nero 10 but couldnt and switched back to Nero 8 !! No progress there too !!

Guys anither thing i wanna know, As soon as i bought the Writer. The first DVD i burnt was DL DVD. Is it a problem, One of my friend said you need to burn atleast 10 single layer DVD's, then start burning DL DVD's !!

Your friend is a noob, you aren't required to exclusively burn single layers first.. Nero was good until version 6 which I used until I moved to Win7 in which its no longer supported. :(

I have successfully burned around 40 DL dvds at 2.4x speed using Imgburn, try it once and report back.

Buddy trying Ashamppo Burning Studio 10. The Version 6 is free. This software is light weight with loads of feature. FYI, it even burns blu-ray discs incase you plan to burn blu-ray discs using a new blu-ray writer ;-)

Ensure that you uninstall all other burning software before installing this software to avoid any issues.

Have been a big fan of Ashampoo since version 6. Currently using Ashampoo Burning Studio 2009. Got a free license from their site as a good gesture. try it out.

RS4 said:
Was the data verified by Imgburn? There is an option to verify after burning in Imgburn.
Yes, I did verify the Data after Burning. It was a Success.

Guys, got the Writer replaced from LG service center. Now again I have the same problem, I am not able to change the speed of burning while burning DL DVD. Its still 2.4x. Is it problem of software. I checked the old one at my friends place, I was not able to change the speed. But the one which he has got works accordingly on Nero and ImgBurn. What to do now.

@iknowledge- Will call you bro.

use power2go. its the best cd/dvd burning software i have ever seen and its lightweight too.... If you are not able to burn DL dvds inspite of this, then try updating the FW of your burner...

Punker said:
Refer - How to Update DVD Firmware | eHow.com

What if your DL batch is faulty ?

Whats DL?

One of my friend said the same, may be the batch which i got is faulty. Because when i went to LG service center, I found people just waiting there only for DVD Writer problems. But another strange thing is that, all people who came there have bought there Writer one or two days back like me.

DL - Dual Layer

Get any other DL locally and try burning it and the one's which you got from dvdstoredelhi have you tried burning them on your friend's system ?

Punker said:
DL - Dual Layer

Get any other DL locally and try burning it and the one's which you got from dvdstoredelhi have you tried burning them on your friend's system ?
Nope there is no problem with the DL. Because when i tried to burn Rainbow DL bought locally, it was the same problem. And when i tried burning my National DL from dvdstoredelhi, It burned the data and was verified and working fine. It was burned at 4.0x. Damn now.

Back