DLink GLB-502T problems

first of all, why are you using two a/c's to post the same thing...???

get into your browser...enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press enter...now click on the "status" tab at the top and in that click on "modem status" on the left hand side...now take a screenshot and post it in here...

same problem is happening to my modem too. it just disconnects at its own fancy and takes 2 mins to connect back. :mad:

i tried bridge mode, etc but nothing seems to work. :( whats more i even removed any parallel line that was there before....was working flawlessly till April and this problem started when the plan got changed to 750UL i think. :S

here is the screenie.

ot: sorry manuvikram, didn't want to open new thread for the same problem. :)

Product Information

Model Number..................GLB-502T

HW Revision..................P1R4

Ethernet MAC..................

DSL Default MAC..................

Software Versions

Software Version..................3.7.0D.1

ATM Driver..................5.00.07.01

DSL HAL..................5.00.05.00

DSL Datapump..................6.02.01.00 Annex A

SAR HAL..................01.07.2b

PDSP Firmware..................0.52

Boot Loader..................1.2.1.5

is this the latest??

6pack said:
same problem is happening to my modem too. it just disconnects at its own fancy and takes 2 mins to connect back. :mad:
i tried bridge mode, etc but nothing seems to work. :( whats more i even removed any parallel line that was there before....was working flawlessly till April and this problem started when the plan got changed to 750UL i think. :S

here is the screenie.

do as saiyan said...besides, your snr margin for downstream seems to be on a lower side...get your line checked by a linesman...whenever your snr margin(DS) reaches 6 or lower, you will face disconnection...

@6Pack, thats exactly the same s/w version i have. But i really don't have any issues with the router now. Is the router getting hot when it d/c?

6pack said:

here is the screenie.

There is Problem with your line.

Downstream SNR margin is very low.it should be always greater than 10-12, always greater than 20 for a stable connection.

Downstream Line Attenuation is way to high. should be always less then 40.

with these low values, wonder how are able to connect :p

get your line checked

look if there are Joints anywhere, check for earthing

@manu One more thing.how far are you from the BSNL exchnge? you might be too far away .In that case only downgrading your dowload speed will help.

Gaurish said:
There is Problem with your line.

Downstream SNR margin is very low.it should be always greater than 10-12, always greater than 20 for a stable connection.
Downstream Line Attenuation is way to high. should be always less then 40.

with these low values, wonder how are able to connect :p
get your line checked
look if there are Joints anywhere, check for earthing

it connects alright but dl speed is too low - just abt 20kB
check for earthing?? in telephone line? :huh:

^^^ your readings are quite good infact...so now you aint facing that problem anymore???? might have gone wrong at one of the parameters in the settings else must have been a temporary problem...:)

am having two modems...one dlink and the othere which bsnl guys gave...can i use both modem......becoz the modem which they gave doent require any settings.....i got two pc and a lapppy with me...i dont have a wifi set up too.....so am using bsnl modem for pc1 and dlink for pc2+lappy(usb)
by taking a extention phone cable...

Prob is that when i use dlink am getting only of 32 to 35kbps:( speed...but with the otherone(bsnl)getting 230 to 250kbps....:D

No idea wat to do..is theat the prob with

Extention cable:huh: :huh: :huh:
or
modem(Dlink):huh: :huh: :huh:
or
its settings:huh: :huh: :huh:

i tried everything still the problem presists....wat to do...
i think the real culprit is the dlink router.....i thibk by updating the firmware we can solve the prob...i searched in google but dint get the firmware for GLB-502T router.....do u have any idea

Back