Do Amazon Fire TV Sticks support Miracast?

yash891

Disciple
I was wondering if the Amazon Fire TV Sticks supported casting from phone to TV using miracast without any type of internet connection whatsoever. In my nani's house, they have a 40 inch Mi Smart TV and they have no broadband wifi connection in their home but they can cast from phone to tv using the miracast feature in their TV. So my question is, does the Amazon Fire TV stick has such feature?

I was wondering if the Amazon Fire TV Sticks supported casting from phone to TV using miracast without any type of internet connection whatsoever. In my nani's house, they have a 40 inch Mi Smart TV and they have no broadband wifi connection in their home but they can cast from phone to tv using the miracast feature in their TV. So my question is, does the Amazon Fire TV stick has such feature?
Yes, but practically not of great use since unlike Chromecast which streams from the URL, Miracast is mirroring of the device as-is with encoding/decoding of video stream. It will be choppy and ability will depend on the processing ability of your phone as well as the router's ability to handle the streams.

Yes, but practically not of great use since unlike Chromecast which streams from the URL, Miracast is mirroring of the device as-is with encoding/decoding of video stream. It will be choppy and ability will depend on the processing ability of your phone as well as the router's ability to handle the streams.
Chromecast is smoother than Miracast but it needs internet and a router.

Google yet hasn't discovered a use case where,
1. People don't have a broadband connection
2. TVs running on mobile hotspots or
3. Corporates where internet is blocked or not used (eg school TV).

Chromecast is smoother than Miracast but it needs internet and a router.

Google yet hasn't discovered a use case where,
1. People don't have a broadband connection
2. TVs running on mobile hotspots or
3. Corporates where internet is blocked or not used (eg school TV).
My home doesn't have an internet connection which is why I am looking for a TV Stick which can support completely offline casting.

My home doesn't have an internet connection which is why I am looking for a TV Stick which can support completely offline casting.
Then indeed this is your best option, though of course you will have to bear with the choppy streams. On the other hand, a dongle with a spare SIM might be more stable for connectivity and not run down the phone's battery.

Back