DO: Lava Lamps/Plasma Lamps

buBleZ said:
I dont think it reacts to our touch.. Only we react to it if we touch :p it gets so damn hot

heh there's no use buying these if they don't :p touching them is what makes em cool.

anyway, my friend has one which has some sort of "music mode". turn that on and place the ball near a speaker and it's like a winamp visualization... wayyyy cooler than just touching it. do these work like this as well? :p

ashr said:
heh there's no use buying these if they don't :p touching them is what makes em cool.

anyway, my friend has one which has some sort of "music mode". turn that on and place the ball near a speaker and it's like a winamp visualization... wayyyy cooler than just touching it. do these work like this as well? :p

I think Bublez confused the plasma lamp for the lava lamp...the lava lamp runs hot...the plasma globes are cool.

These ones do have a switch for MUSIC ON and OFF...however that is for a music of its own....I haven't tried taking the plasma globe next to speakers...but maybe someone else who has got it from me can try it.

ashr said:

ooops sry i was telling abt lava lamps.. not plasma lamps :ashamed:

katmandude said:
I think Bublez confused the plasma lamp for the lava lamp...the lava lamp runs hot...the plasma globes are cool.

These ones do have a switch for MUSIC ON and OFF...however that is for a music of its own....I haven't tried taking the plasma globe next to speakers...but maybe someone else who has got it from me can try it.

yeah u r right kmd.. :ashamed:

These lava lamps don't react to sound. You got more in stock? I'd like 10 6" Plasma Globes. All my friends want one :)

PM me total amount.

nukeu666 said:
bit of a warning

ambient temps required for this to work well are 20-25C
Over here is it 30+C so once the goo once heats up, it stays up
So you could keep it in front of an AC or use a lower wattage bulb for heating

Other than that its great
PS.dont shake the bottle, broken goo looks ugly
i wouldnt say so. mine works fine at 35C. as for the broken goo...yeah...looks hella-fugly, but takes care of itself in a bit of time. regenerating goo ftw!

doh! just realized how old this thread is. foot in mouth, ftw!

Back