Do people still buy music and movie CDs/DVDs?

KrishT

Disciple
I have TONS of music CDs and DVDs just lying around...
Is there a market for these or do they just belong in the bin now that the internet is easy to access?

I have to clarify a little bit -- I don't have many original music or movie CDs or DVDs...
Most out of the 100+ discs have selections of music burned manually on them by family members and friends.

I have to clarify a little bit -- I don't have many original music or movie CDs or DVDs...
Most out of the 100+ discs have selections of music burned manually on them by family members and friends.
That's not really special then. If it were original music cds then there's some value there, although still not too high. Completely depends on the artist. I don't think most people would want CDs where the music was just burnt onto it lol, i could do the same.

And were they MP3s that they burned. Because then there is no value to them.

Better drop at Giveaway thread here on TE then...

Problem with CD's is no good audio cd player is available to do justice to audio cd quality anymore . (I know you guys use FLAC) .
Most manufacturers don't do audio hifi anymore .
Just speakers with usb and aux input .
The fun in listening to a 74 min audio cd (pressed) with 10-12 songs is not the same as with a usb drive loaded with 5000 MP3's .

The fun in listening to a 74 min audio cd (pressed) with 10-12 songs is not the same as with a usb drive loaded with 5000 MP3's .
Its similar to enjoying scenic views in a maruti 800 at 60kmph back then and today we all want to hit 200kmph mark thrill with concentrating only on odo!

Last edited:
Problem with CD's is no good audio cd player is available to do justice to audio cd quality anymore . (I know you guys use FLAC) .
Most manufacturers don't do audio hifi anymore .
Just speakers with usb and aux input .
I still have a Sony Hi-fi CD and cassette player from 97. That's why I was asking whether these are original CDs or MP3s.
I know they were just consumer products and not audiophile grade, but I still like it's sound signature even though it is rarely used these days.

Lol
I HVe like 100 to 200 originals audio cassettes
More than 400 audio cds, mp3 cds, dvds from various sources [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Most of them never evn played once, ll rotting in boxes and one of these days wifez gonna throw them away without telling me

Lol
I HVe like 100 to 200 originals audio cassettes
More than 400 audio cds, mp3 cds, dvds from various sources [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Most of them never evn played once, ll rotting in boxes and one of these days wifez gonna throw them away without telling me
Even I have around 300 cassettes all thanks to Dad. Do consider giving them away as well as the CDs if you end up not keeping them. I won't mind giving them a home.

Back