PC Peripherals Do RAM die due to heat?

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
Besides LED Ramsinks look too jazzy. Also wont touching the case discharge the static from the body ?

Also how will a heat spreader decrease the OC ? Ok an Led one will consume some electricity, but how would a normal heat- spreader decrease the OC ?

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
Aces170 said:
Besides LED Ramsinks look too jazzy. Also wont touching the case discharge the static from the body ?

Also how will a heat spreader decrease the OC ? Ok an Led one will consume some electricity, but how would a normal heat- spreader decrease the OC ?

There's heat buildup inside the heat spreader. Cos of the extra heat, the module will oc less!

undertaker

Skilled
Mar 23, 2005
Cardinal principle of handling an electrical circuit board is to ground urself.On a pc this can be done very easily by merely touching the case(assuming ur pc is properly grounded of course.)

Apr 24, 2005
I got some heat sink probs too but mine is working for years without any problems.....

I guess u got to go fo a heat sink if that really is the cause

Crazy_Eddy

Staff member
Super Mod
Feb 7, 2005
Grease Monk said:
how would i see if a hynix stick uses the D43 chip? which part of the chip code would indicate this. for eg. the current hynix stick i have now says:
hy5du56822at-h
Sorry for not noticing this earlier. Hynix D43 chips will have codes similar to: HY5DU56822AT-D43 . Just look for the D43 extension at the end on the chips.

Crazy_Eddy posted 6.72 minutes later:

Cardinal principle of handling an electrical circuit board is to ground urself.On a pc this can be done very easily by merely touching the case(assuming ur pc is properly grounded of course.)
Yep, the body of your PSU is connected to the ground terminal of your 3-pin power plug, and the PSU's body in turn is in contact with the cabinet making your cabinet in contact with the ground terminal as well.
Your PSU should be plugged in to your AC outlet for your case to be grounded. Make sure you switch off your AC mains though to be careful, even with the AC mains switched off your ground terminal is still connected.

TheMask

Skilled
Jan 3, 2005
Crazy_Eddy said:
Your PSU should be plugged in to your AC outlet for your case to be grounded. Make sure you switch off your AC mains though to be careful, even with the AC mains switched off your ground terminal is still connected.

and make sure that socket/outlet is well grounded too.. ;)