Do we have govt owned newspapers like other countries have?

We have media houses indirectly owned by ruling party.
almost every major party has a mouth piece media.
Otherwise there is no pointing being a democracy and having elections.
Sometimes I have doubts if we should call ourselves a Democracy or a democratic Monarchy given how many state and central parties have dynasty politics. Elections these days are ruled by freebie culture. Along with paying money for votes, all these so called welfare schemes are just indirect way of buying votes.

At the end of the day, the rich get richer, the poor stay poor and the middle/salaried class get squeezed for taxes.

Yeah, let's leave the underprivileged people to rot where they are.

F**king hell this thread has gone off-topic in 2 pages.
If the underprivileged get better these politicians will be out of jobs. I remember a conversation I had at a customer place during training. He said reservation was his birthright and the government has to take care of the underprivileged. Now if someone in an underprivileged family get a govt job and a stable income and a way up in life, are they still underprivileged?
In our country even underprivileged are discriminated based on caste and community. You have to be the right kind of underprivileged

Considering that we are not west and that we are not ready to completely jump to their side, treatment of India has been pretty good. Beyond that there is no targeted attack. Elections are the only effective time to attack government policies. Otherwise there is no pointing being a democracy and having elections.
This is the funny thing with the US. They treat dictatorships better than democracies. All this talk of values & democracy is hot air. Interests have always dominated barring some exceptions.
I am no fan of strong mandates. Its naive to think politicians ( except a handful) anywhere are here to do greater good to humanity. The mandate only helps them to get away with what they want.
Foreign policy has been much clearer when the govt has a strong mandate. This is the bit the western deep state does not like because it goes against the globalist agenda.

Globalists do not like Trump, Brexit, Putin because there is non-cooperation for their agenda. Why not Modi? All nationalist movements are bad news for the globalist agenda because it fragments it.

What you want vs. some elitist group that too abroad wants. Very apparent in the EU right now.
End of the day we are a major economy and a possible counterweight to China. Dont think working against us is in interest of western deep states.
Given the way, these attacks come it is hard to pinpoint the origin. What is clear is it is done with the intent to either defame India or the govt.

There is an interesting development of late. Meta vs. the Wire. Wire alleges Amit Malviya, head of the IT cell has the power to remove Instagram and by extension Facebook posts. I'd hope he has given his position. But that article was retracted when Meta pushed back about sources.

This is the exact opposite of what I was saying. You'd think anything the Wire publishes would get a pass on Meta

If this is the standard Meta is going to follow then good. I'll believe it if I see a consistent record. Could just be a one-off to show Meta is legit.

Last edited:
This is the funny thing with the US. They treat dictatorships better than democracies. All this talk of values & democracy is hot air. Interests have always dominated barring some exceptions.

Foreign policy has been much clearer when the govt has a strong mandate. This is the bit the western deep state does not like because it goes against the globalist agenda.

Globalists do not like Trump, Brexit, Putin because there is non-cooperation for their agenda. Why not Modi? All nationalist movements are bad news for the globalist agenda because it fragments it.

What you want vs. some elitist group that too abroad wants. Very apparent in the EU right now.

Given the way, these attacks come it is hard to pinpoint the origin. What is clear is it is done with the intent to either defame India or the govt.

There is an interesting development of late. Meta vs. the Wire. Wire alleges Amit Malviya, head of the IT cell has the power to remove Instagram and by extension Facebook posts. I'd hope he has given his position. But that article was retracted when Meta pushed back about sources.

This is the exact opposite of what I was saying. You'd think anything the Wire publishes would get a pass on Meta

If this is the standard Meta is going to follow then good. I'll believe it if I see a consistent record. Could just be a one-off to show Meta is legit.
Trump was interesting at best. He was a loose canon and was trying hard to reduce US spear of influence for no reason. That is the last thing in US national interest. And Putin's only saving grace is that his predecessor was Yelstin. It is their version of no other alternative. There is no need for agenda here. These are one man shows which are not the best way to run a large country.

The wire episode was a chance to make meta look good. Plus wire is anti establishment - so it is not like they would be hurting their income. And wire doesnt have a hardcore base. The people who used to quote have clearly called out the wire for this. All in all a safe bet for meta.

Now if someone in an underprivileged family get a govt job and a stable income and a way up in life, are they still underprivileged?

Yes? Are they treated as equal after getting a government job?

Oh wait, you're probably one of those people who thinks if someone from BC community owns iPhone and Mercedes means there's no discrimination anymore. Sadly people like you are dime a dozen.

Back