Do you believe that Apollo moon mission was a hoax ?

Guys, i have seen an interesting documentary aired on Fox News some time ago which proclaimed that the Apollo Moon mission was a hoax created by Nasa to fool the world. There have been ample evidences which suggest that it cud really be the biggest hoax in the world.
Some evidences :
1. the american flag flutters on the moon when there is no air.
2. the shadows of the astronauts and the rocks there are in different directions when the only source of light on moon is the sun, so the shadows have to be in one direction.
3. There are no stars in the lunar sky..how can it be when there is no atmosphere and the stars shud have been more prominent.
4. The lunar modules leave no blast crater when they land on the moon. The engine thrusters shud have left a crater.

Check out more evidences here..http://www.aulis.com/nasa.htm
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

Ofcourse there have been a lot of counter-hoax sites too that try to nullify the hoax evidences but by far they are not convincing...

Check this image and see it for yourself..

Attachments

• as11-40-5874.jpg
    as11-40-5874.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 92
no.... When someone accomplishes something great, there are always people to pull it down. I read the article on the hoax thingy and they do make it sound convincing.

But somehow, I am not convinced...... I think they did go to the moon.

Nikhil said:
no.... When someone accomplishes something great, there are always people to pull it down. I read the article on the hoax thingy and they do make it sound convincing.

But somehow, I am not convinced...... I think they did go to the moon.

I fully agree with you Nikhil.

they said it was a hoax.... i want to go with nikhil and udit... but... the evidence is too strong against these guys... there was one thing... to be added to the 4 points above... in close up photograph of astronaut's face (with the helmet on) there was this reflection(on the helmet).. i'm not pretty clear abt the details... its just that they found something absurd with the reflection on the helmet....

Welll i dont know about a lot about Moon mission... But i do know some about pentagon 9/11 mystery... Still very unclear weather it was a plane or a missile :s...

I have seen this in a documentary. But both the arguments and the counter arguments were really good. i'm still indecisive though. Unless some other nation goes to moon we cant know it for sure.

I believe the moon landings were not staged.

1.When the apollo astronauts went there there left a mirror like sheet made of prisms (the same shape of ur average reflectors on the back of vehicles).The purpose of the thing was to shine a LASER on it from the earth and caliculate the distance bitween the earth and the moon by caliculating the round trip time from the moon.

2.When the astronouts came back,they brought ~200Kg of moon rock which distributed around the world to various laboratories around the world.If even 1 of them had any idea of foulplay they would have brought it out.

3.The moon landings were carried out in the height of the space race and the cold war.If the (then) USSR had any suspicion they would be all over the americans.This did not happen.

I concider theese are the most convincing arguements against the hoax.

Anyway here is a wikipedia article which explains better than myself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_moon_landing_hoax_accusations

that moon reflector is the hard proof.

It was assembled on the moon, and its unrestricted. That means anyone who has the resources can verify its there on the moon, and many people have.

And comeon, whats not there to believe, the computational power needed to make successful moon trip is not much, it was all mathamatics done by scientists and with the technology in 60s it was quiet possible to impliment it. And one must remember that it was more physics and mathamatics than electronic technology that got us to moon.

And people who cry about soo many failures in unmanned mars missions with much more advanced technology forget 1 thing. Mars has atmosphere. That complicates things 100 folds. Moon was easy. it was not dynamic.

And the only reason we dont see many manned moon launches is pure economics. What we need to study about moon can be done by probes. Man had to go there and he went. thats that, not no need to risk human lives on moon and funds are directed elsewhere.

And guys do remember NASA may be funded by american government but world's best minds work there. Its not america exclusive organisation.

Check this website on why it was not a Hoax and Landings were for Real :)

This is detailed rebuttal and would clear all your doubts :hap2: :cool2:

Ultimately, all of the claims made by the Moon Hoax advocates are easily explainable with a little research, common sense or just a plain good memory of what happened back during the Apollo program. While we remain fiercely critical of the NASA hierarchy in general and certain members of the Apollo team in particular, we should not let that get in the way of our undying admiration for the rank and file men and women, scientists and engineers, who pulled off the most amazing feat in human history -- the Apollo program. To give these silly claims attention, as Fox is now doing, is an insult to those who sacrificed, some with their lives, to get man to the Moon.

Fake-Moon

fluttering of the flag, has the point been countered?

There are possibilities of it being fake because of the pressure of getting the upper hand in cold wars. JUST IF its fake, Nasa can make it all up and keep it hidden fake for 30 years, then they can produce counter arguments without any trouble to fool people all over again.

I'm still in between though. its just sad, if it does come out be a fake.

Well, even i'm undecided on this...i mean, the documentary showed some really thought provoking clips of the lunar module's failed practise sessions here on earth and they had so many glitches that it is hard to believe that they could actually perform flawlessly in an alien environment of the moon with precision.

And not once, but of all the landings, only the Apollo 13 mission was shown to have problems and all others were 100% successful...that is what raises doubts..

Quite possible that the space race in the 60s and 70s was responsible for this..

Also the deadly radiation theory across the van allen belts is convincing again. How cud the astronauts survive the deadly radiations emanating from the sun when one of the missions coincided with intense solar flare??

But again the most compelling evidence in favor of Nasa are the Moon rocks..

their composition is unearthly and scientists around the world have confirmed this...

Afterall it wudnt make sense for nasa to fake the moon landings in Area 51 and then actually go to the moon to get the rocks!!:p

But what is really intriguing is the fact that nasa never ever thought of going back to the moon again when there is enough technology now to go there and infact create an outpost!!

Maybe they know that now it wud really be hard to fool anyone again..

That is what raises suspicion...but nothing can be said until some else decides to go back and verify the landing sites and put an end to this once and for all.

Frankly, i don't care if the landing is fake or not because i know the government(US) is hiding so much shit from us. hey the next thing we know an alien escapes from their laboratories while we're killing each other over apollo :p

But what is really intriguing is the fact that nasa never ever thought of going back to the moon again when there is enough technology now to go there and infact create an outpost!!

Maybe they know that now it wud really be hard to fool anyone again..

Great point. Looking at the odds, if they can't gather enough funds and resources in 30 years for another trip, how did they manage to do it in the first place in so little time while simultaneously also fighting the cold war which just had to be eating up most of the funds and attention of the government in weaponary and nuclear development.

Too many hoaxes everywhere, lol. Just last week i read somewhere that 2pac faked his death and all. Even that had a lot of valid reasons of it being a fake again.

I have a deep interest in astronomy and related sciences and i think that the best way to prove that the moon missions were genuine is to send an independant group of astronauts from Europe, japan, russia and other countries to explore the moon once again and in the process find out if the lunar rovers are still there along with the flags from all the sites of the apollo missions.

Params7 said:
Great point. Looking at the odds, if they can't gather enough funds and resources in 30 years for another trip, how did they manage to do it in the first place in so little time while simultaneously also fighting the cold war which just had to be eating up most of the funds and attention of the government in weaponary and nuclear development.

And not 1..not 2.. but 7 missions to the moon in less than a decade..ie between 1963-72!! :O

So you can imagine the kind of money spent along with the cold war and nuclear arms race going on simultaneously..cud it be possible?

And after that... an abrupt FULL STOP!! No more missions..that says something..:no:

okay i have another theory...Maybe Nasa actually went to the moon for once and brought back the rock samples. Cudnt it be possible simply that the following missions were fake?? that way they had the evidence and also the peoples faith so that no one wud question them??

I say this because most of the anomalies have been found in the colored images from the later missions... Think about it...
;) :cool2:

Back