"Do you have XYZ Credit Card?" Thread

Can someone help me with this? Reliance Digital is currently running a sale with Citi bank. Why is the maximum cashback only on EMI and not non-EMI? Do EMI's have any hidden charges or interests? Asking because many of them claim "0% emi interest rate."
If the deal is legit (like no other charges of any kind now and in the future) then I'd like to get the... *DING DING DING* Samsung F62! Available for 19,999rs on Reliance Digital. With 3500rs (assuming the deal is legit) I can have it for 16500rs. I can pay 16500rs in full but you have to manage the EMI issues yourself. Offer expires this July 16th.

Screenshot_20210713-131431~2.png

I'm actually waiting for Samsung Official site and Amazon to show some equivalent discounts but so far no luck. I want to wait for Prime sale but it would be too late if the deals on those days are not as good.
Thanks in advance to whoever has Citibank cards and want to help me out here.

In 'No Cost EMI', the sum total of EMI Interest (without GST) is provided as discount at the time of purchase, but you have to pay the EMI + GST (18%) each month.

Last edited:
Can someone help me with this? Reliance Digital is currently running a sale with Citi bank. Why is the maximum cashback only on EMI and not non-EMI? Do EMI's have any hidden charges or interests? Asking because many of them claim "0% emi interest rate."
If the deal is legit (like no other charges of any kind now and in the future) then I'd like to get the... *DING DING DING* Samsung F62! Available for 19,999rs on Reliance Digital. With 3500rs (assuming the deal is legit) I can have it for 16500rs. I can pay 16500rs in full but you have to manage the EMI issues yourself. Offer expires this July 16th.

View attachment 109142

I'm actually waiting for Samsung Official site and Amazon to show some equivalent discounts but so far no luck. I want to wait for Prime sale but it would be too late if the deals on those days are not as good.
If that is NO COST EMI, then you will get initial discount equivalent to the total interest charged by the bank during the EMI period.The bank will continue to charge interest as usual.
There is INTEREST on every credit card purchase on EMI. it is mostly in the range of 12-16 % p.a.
Some banks like HDFC also charge 150-250 INR as processing fees for EMI conversion.

View attachment 109142

What also is the problem is there is a 18% gst component levied on the interest amount every month.

Thanks guys. I didn't know. What en eye opener. No go deal then. Dammit.
Btw I don't know why but Samsung considerably reduced the cash back discount. First it was 7500rs for ICICI/HDFC (one of them) back in May-June back when they didn't ship to my location. Then 2500rs last week before Flipkart sale. Now 750rs lol. Then I saw the Citibank offer and thought it was a good deal.
Anyway appreciate the replies.

Just incase anyone needs, I have HDFC Card and ICICI (not amazon one) for purchases this upcoming primeday and flipkart sale.

Just so you know, amazon icici card is usually not accepted on any website for offers where they say discount on ICICI cards. Only regular ICICI Cards are accepted.

Thanks guys. I didn't know. What en eye opener. No go deal then. Dammit.
Btw I don't know why but Samsung considerably reduced the cash back discount. First it was 7500rs for ICICI/HDFC (one of them) back in May-June back when they didn't ship to my location. Then 2500rs last week before Flipkart sale. Now 750rs lol. Then I saw the Citibank offer and thought it was a good deal.
Anyway appreciate the replies.
It is still a go go deal. I purchased a 70k camera on no cost emi and I paid about RS 800 as GST on interest. In your case it should be RS 250 max. Also as far as I know Citi cc don't charge processing fee.

Even AMAZON DOESN'T ACCEPT their branded card for credit card discount.
Usually what I have seen is Amazon makes sure the discount if offered on other ICICI credit cards is equalized on Amazon Pay credit card by offering a lower discount on the latter.

Amex has 5% cashback on tata cliq etc. Its good because max CB is 3k which is a lot more than usual 1500 etc by other cards.

Back