"Do you have XYZ Credit Card?" Thread

Hello everyone,
I am 23 y/o bachelor, working as a Software Engineer. I am planning to buy a credit card.
I have an HDFC account and they are offering me a Lifetime free Regalia Credit card, but I can see only apple products have offers on HDFC cards. (I don't travel much so free airport lounge is not a priority). Earlier HDFC used to be a leader in credit card offers, but now UNI and similar cards seem to be in front.

Can anyone suggest which one will be good?

Take it, HDFC often has 10% offers on Amazon, Flipkart and other online/offline stores. If you primarily shop on amazon, 3-4 months after getting HRDFC regalia apply for Amazon Pay card and you will get the same or more limit as your HDFD card.

Hello everyone,
I am 23 y/o bachelor, working as a Software Engineer. I am planning to buy a credit card.
I have an HDFC account and they are offering me a Lifetime free Regalia Credit card, but I can see only apple products have offers on HDFC cards. (I don't travel much so free airport lounge is not a priority). Earlier HDFC used to be a leader in credit card offers, but now UNI and similar cards seem to be in front.

If it is an actual Life-Time Free card without any spending condition, then take it. Some cards are marketed as Life-Time Free, but they actually aren't. They require you to hit a certain threshold in spending, i.e. you need to spend like 2-3 lakhs annually to be eligible for annual fee of the card to be waived off. Actual LTF cards are good, as you don't have to pay anything/ spend any annual figure to maintain them. Use them when there is a good offer and payback before due dates, and you're good.

Hello everyone,

I would advise you to get the card.
First Regalia is a good card.
To make it lifetime free, you will need to spend 50000 or 100000 in first 90 days of getting the card.
Also use the card for all your spends.
Having a credit card creates a Credit history which will help you in future to get any kind of loan , LIke Car , House etc loans.

Credit card is a great instrument if used WISELY.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

If you hold a savings account with HDFC, they end up providing Regalia for free without any conditions. I have used it may be only once a year, only for Apple products and the Diwali kind of sale towards the end of the year. However, it is worth having mainly for Priority Pass.

Uni is not a credit card but a BNPL debit card. You can use it for any offers and if you really need to split expenses over 3 months but otherwise BNPL cards are not recommended as they will also not enable you to build a proper credit history for future loans.

Back