Do you really care ?

Neotheone

Figuring stuff out
Adept
I thought abt this for some time now, and the post about the PS2 outselling the XBOX 360 made me post it here, so here It is.

What I believe in, And feel like most would agree to is that the graphic detail levels for ANY game matters only for a short while when we just begin playing it. And as long as the game has an acceptable storyline & gameplay, I don't really care if the eybrows on that character look perfectly lifelike or not.
Actually ,once i get serious with the game, i sort of get lost in it- Detail or no detail :) .So i thought it would be nice to see what you guys have to say,and vote for, about it.

Well, 1 option was missing.

Perfect Graphics with good content.

Anyways, i voted for Good content , with acceptable details

Great gameplay is essential, games like farcry, RTCW, Max Payne, FEAR delivered on the gameplay front...
See DOOM 3, great graphics, spooky locales, but the gameplay became predictable after awhile...

yea no fun blasting Xaero's bones without that blood-spray (gore!!) and watching the body explode! .. also hell no point tryin to turn the car around a curve and find it revolvin at th same point as in MCII with considerable good gfx..

meanwhile as Aditya said , smthin like 'Supercool Graphics with cool content' shud have been added too..

^^ Hey I thought it could be taken for granted that everyone would love to play a perfect game, so i was looking for the extent to which u guys are ready to compromise, when it comes to games. I also wanted to see if there are any who simply don't care too much about the visuals, hence the options :)

edit: See , there are two of us who don't give the graphic details a damn.

Good content with acceptable details here,just played battlefield vietnam after playing bf2..feel like it's castrated with all mediocre graphics but still the fun factor was good,it's not everyday where you can carry your own mortar,set it up and then blow the hell out of your enemies :p plus crashing heli's into enemy towers is the spice of the day :D .

GTA anyone???

The graphics were sad compared to the contemporary games.....but the gameplay simply rocked!!! I dont need to say anymore :p

Best gameplay I think of is the Knights of the Old Republic series. No game compares to that on the gameplay front. And note that the graphics were nothing to write home about. As far is the vote is concerned, of course I chose the second option.

2nd option..

You just have to start Doom3...pick up the flash lights..hear some moans and shoot in darkness to understand that gameplay is essential above all ofcourse with atleast acceptable graphics

the sole reason i think doom3 was the best game ever was cuz of the awesome graphics..and i LOVE shotgunnin dumb zombies :D

i run and RTCW:ET server and everyone is always telling me "turn the grass off" or "kill the fog" so that they can get better FPS. Although content is what makes the game and keeps you playing it, its the gfx that make you love it. I tell the ppl on my server that i'm not destroying the beauty of the game so they can get another kill or two.

Back