Do you still keep boxes of your gadgets / electronics?

raksrules

Elite
Do you still keep boxes of your gadgets / electronics? I know that at least several years back, whenever I kept some phone etc for selling, first question that was being asked whether I have box or not. It is like people are more interested in having the box than the actual device. This is contrary to my experience of selling in US where no one cared if the box is there or not.
I try to keep boxes for whenever I can but then I feel that it is not like the box is going to yield some extra money or something and especially as days pass, the need to keep reduces. Like I have my wife's iPhone X box and the phone was bought in 2017 so it is like 3.5 years but I am considering throwing it now.

For phones yes, I keep the boxes. Makes it convenient if you upgrade later with exchange or sell. For other stuff I tend to reuse the boxes. If its filmsy then I discard.

Yes!

I8MtGdS.jpg

Used to throw away all the boxes ( take up lot of space) now give them to a kid next door ( specially the fancy headphone boxes) he makes wonderful things with them.
Hifiman Deva came in a very fancy box. The boy made a beautiful church with it. Really creative kid..

Cool thread! I have got boxes of my P3 in 1999 till date of all my components incl speakers/earphones/phones etc.
Just that maximum of them are in my hometown somewhere treasured and here few but again hiding somewhere. That come out only while shipping houses! But will post as and when I happen to see them.
I miss last decade, the era of huge big premium boxes and now when we pay 50k for proccy we get a wallet sized tiny box..shame!
BTW if no one ever knew this, earlier between 2k - 2k6yr empty boxes also used to fetch some cash! I have sold such mobo/proccy and gpu boxes for cash exchange at lamington road!
Pocket money nakal jata tha :p

I even have those bundled brand stickers as well.. Intel p4/p4/amd/ati/asus and many more.

Last edited:
Yes, comes in handy if you want to sell or ship your stuff later. I do end up tossing them once their warranty period is over though. Exception is for phones ofc because people then don't assume that the phone might be stolen.
Then I have stuff like this I've had for literally 20 years and it isn't going anywhere.

s8uLUUb.jpg

Yes, comes handy when selling them. Just the other day I found a box for my 10yr old phone and realized that once I had the phone too :)

Wait, is discussing boxes techy enough? I mean some people might not like that we're talking about essentially paper and plastic on a tech forum. :cool:

I do keep whatever boxes i can, especially the well made, solid ones. cheaper ones which disintegrate anyway after a short while, i usually discard.

Yeah I do, at least started doing since last year
Otherwise I keep only the boxes of mobile phones , I never sell them once I am bored or upgrading but still like to keep the boxes of them phones [emoji12]
IMG_20210622_203219.jpg

Wait, is discussing boxes techy enough? I mean some people might not like that we're talking about essentially paper and plastic on a tech forum. :cool:

I do keep whatever boxes i can, especially the well made, solid ones. cheaper ones which disintegrate anyway after a short while, i usually discard.
Those are TRASH forums btw... here you can have rants and 100 page discussion on even a screw..

I've started keeping boxes only to sell items off later on. Makes shipping easier. Though now too many boxes in the house so I've been given and ultimatum to get rid of them..

Back