Does Android have good navigation?

matoind

Adept
I am currently using Nokia X6. The navigation is very good on this phone. It works in small towns as well. I am planning to upgrade to Galaxy SII. But I am not sure how the navigation is on that phone? Would like to know how many android users are using it?

I have used Galaxy S and the navigation was really smooth. I was impressed with the display of the phone.. vivid colors and even outdoor visibility was good.. I am not using Galaxy SII but have heard it's better than Galaxy S.. When it comes to navigation, Samsung phones are good.. scrolling is smooth.. Coming to the Android thing, well you will fall in love with the OS.. You can download lots of apps, change your default settings.. I mean it's so easy to customize the gadget and actually make it YOUR GADGET..Go for SII :hap2:

Praks said:
Nokia has already stopped OVI platform updates & sold division to Accenture.

Question is how long will OVI work ?

First of all symbian is not sold to accenture,it has been outsourced to accenture and will receive updates and support till 2016.Also,Ovi is not an OS like symbian,its a services platform and it will remain with nokia itself.

Secondly,nokia's map system and other ovi services will be renamed as nokia services but its just a branding exercise and the services will continue as before and later it will also be integrated with upcoming nokia WP7 devices.

Again, another post not really answering the OP's query. How is the Galaxy S navigation in villages? Does it work as smooth as in the cities?

Smriti Rawat said:
I have used Galaxy S and the navigation was really smooth. I was impressed with the display of the phone.. vivid colors and even outdoor visibility was good.. I am not using Galaxy SII but have heard it's better than Galaxy S.. When it comes to navigation, Samsung phones are good.. scrolling is smooth.. Coming to the Android thing, well you will fall in love with the OS.. You can download lots of apps, change your default settings.. I mean it's so easy to customize the gadget and actually make it YOUR GADGET..Go for SII :hap2:

jijojose79 said:
I have tried ovi offline and it's hard to go with,it needs gprs for better functioning.

Obviously. Then how come it will lock a specific location? You either need to use Network based GPS or your phone should have an Integrated GPS which is FREE!!

jijojose79 said:
I have tried ovi offline and it's hard to go with,it needs gprs for better functioning.
ronit said:
Obviously. Then how come it will lock a specific location? You either need to use Network based GPS or your phone should have an Integrated GPS which is FREE!!

Integrated GPS is the way to go. I have been using Ovi Maps on my phone for a long time now, and I don't have a data plan to boot. Integrated GPS is what I rely on, and it hasn't ever failed me.

I have samsung galaxy sl the phone had some problems of to get gps lock ,but then recently there was a firmware update that solved the problem now the gps works fine,if you go for Samsung you will get full software support.

Back