Laptops Does Dell have International warranty?

@ Titana

you have the inhome service or the NBD( Next business day) warranty so you are eligible for warranty in India too. the Advanced plan is the complete cover warranty which covers the accidental damages too.

Hi Titana ,

Sorry for the late reply bud, but here iam posting in open for other's benefit, BASIC cover is Collect and return or carry in service warranty , which is not an international warranty, to get precise info i did chat with my American counterpart to get info as in India only warranty valid and what we support is NBD / INCC ( international complete cover) with addons being pro support and gold support ,

refer the chat log below :

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

OK , I have an issue ,,
I have purchased a Dell inspiron 5421 laptop in Singapore (With accidental insurance I believe) after that I have brought it to India . I am now experiencing hardware issues with it . Now will I be able to avail accidental insurance for the laptop ? (And whether ) they would be replacing the laptop or repairing it . And if no could you please suggest me some alternatives .
My e-mail id :- <csabijith95@gmail.com>
Thanks in advance for the reply.

OK , I have an issue ,,
I have purchased a Dell inspiron 5421 laptop in Singapore (With accidental insurance I believe) after that I have brought it to India . I am now experiencing hardware issues with it . Now will I be able to avail accidental insurance for the laptop ? (And whether ) they would be replacing the laptop or repairing it . And if no could you please suggest me some alternatives .
My e-mail id :- <csabijith95@gmail.com>
Thanks in advance for the reply.
Well,if you dont have Complete cover and there is an accidental damage then It wont be covered under warranty moreover you cannot purchase that warranty as well. Contact the Dell Indian Tech support and they will be able to help you and DELL DOES OFFER INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY ON LAPTOPS.

^^ There's something called "tag transfer" through which Dell would transfer your warranty to India. You need to log a ticket with Dell to do that. You can get your laptop repaired afterwards.

But the warranty has to be ONSITE ONLY . As some countries do not offer the Depot Warranty like India.

^^ i got parts replaced on my high-end Dell laptop without any fuss. i bought it from the US and Dell India guys transferred the service tag to India.

Hi Gaurav...i have an urgent query here.
Can you elaborate on what kind of warranty is there on your machine- NBD or complete cover. and whether you get it by default in your case. I am about to buy a dell laptop from canada for indian use and when talked to indian customer care- they say it can only be confirmed by canada local tech support where you would buy. NBD only cover hardware damage and not physical damage and cannot be upgraded.

What is NBD?

My laptop had 2-year on-site warranty included in the package. It was fully customized and I was pretty sure that some parts wouldn't be available in India, if anything went wrong. Getting the hardware upgraded was not on my mind as I had customized my laptop with the highest configuration possible at that time. Software on my laptop was upgraded while I was in India. They sent me the Win7 Ultimate disc shipped from US free of cost (cost of Win7 was included in the package but shipping the discs to some random country wasn't). My laptop's variant wasn't released in India but they still replaced the media pad and mouse pad. I guess it was faulty and Dell knew about it. So, they just transferred my tag to India and fixed the laptop at my home in India.

I had the option to renew the warranty after 2 years but it was quite costly. As they didn't release any laptop with similar configuration in India, they were charging me exorbitant amount (probably to ship the parts from outside India). What I have noticed is the warranty against accidental damage (physical damage) is always quoted separately. It is sometimes gifted free on certain occasions but usually you have to pay extra for that.

NBD is next business day.... covers regular hardware damages.
in India Dell offers complete cover written laptop without additional cost.
by up grade- I meant international warranty type cannot be upgraded.

Yes, I had something like NBD but the terminology was different. Accidental damage was charged separately and there was no mention of warranty upgrades. Maybe Dell didn't have that many policies/restrictions back then.

Can we extend our warranty after 1year (previous warranty expires) ,in india if laptop was bought from us(with 1 year warranty) and international ownership transfer was done after it was in india...
Do i have to buy additional 3years warranty in US only while i bought the laptop OR can i buy additional warranty in india ...
.What should i do to avail warranty service in india ?

Last edited:
my freind gifted me a dell inspiron laptop, purchased from dubai -uae. I want to know that whether DELL is providing a international warranty or not.? If yes..then what is the procedure for regestration 4 the warranty.
Thank U

Back