iOS Does iPhone 7 support gpay in India or not?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Keeping in mind the iOS is updated to the latest version. Technically it should support but I'm not sure. Can't confirm it using online info.

Does anyone know for sure?

As per Gpay's App Store page, it requires iOS 14+.
India or Global? I couldn't find it for India so asking.

A friend is looking for iPhone 7 Plus as a first iPhone and he requires WhatsApp and Gpay so asking. I read that gpay isn't supported.

A friend is looking for iPhone 7 Plus as a first iPhone and he requires WhatsApp and Gpay so asking. I read that gpay isn't supported.
7 might be a little too old , almost nearing EOL. Could he stretch his budget upto a X maybe??

It was the Indian page.

I could be wrong and maybe someone with an iPhone 7 could check it out. As for WhatsApp, it requires iOS 12.

Don't go by OS support. Even the 6S has a technically supported version of iOS, but Gpay does not work on it.

Somebody using the 7 will have to confirm.

As of today. One question to consider is, for how long?
No idea, but definitely longer than any android would. 6S is 9 years old and everything still working.

I discovered one app which didn't work and it was ChatGPT, the reason might be because it is developed last year and they ignored old hardware for some reason. But there is still a way to install it officially.

I have iPhone 7. Yes GPAY & All other Bank Apps still works.. (SBI, AXIS, ICICI, ) Updated to Latest Version
Thanks! Can you share your iOS version?
Gpay and any other upi apps works fine on iphone 7. I have one.
Share iOS version please.
7 might be a little too old , almost nearing EOL. Could he stretch his budget upto a X maybe??
I suggested it but he felt the price would be a "little high" for a newbie. How much would a good condition iPhone X 128GB cost?

Thanks! Can you share your iOS version?

Share iOS version please.

I suggested it but he felt the price would be a "little high" for a newbie. How much would a good condition iPhone X 128GB cost?
16-18k, If he plans to use it for any longer than 2 years, ask him to push for X, would be worth it

ICICI Bank app & Paytm stopped working on iOS 15, they require iOS 17 now. I suspect many more apps will follow this trend, except social media apps.

I guess it's time for users of following phones to upgrade.

iPhone 6s, 2015
6s Plus, 2015
SE 1st gen, 2015
7, 2016
7 Plus, 2016
8, 2017
8 Plus, 2017
iPhone X, 2017

These phones are still perfectly fine for running day to day tasks, I think it's the security features that the newer versions of iOS have, which developers use in the newer builds which makes it hard to keep the old builds up to date just for the sake of old phones.

For example whatsapp is still updating regularly on these phones, which means developers of other apps can still make their app work on older versions, but I guess it's too much work for them specially in case when the phones are declared legacy by apple.

We can assume from this data that, whatever iPhone you have, it will have software support for minimum of 6 years and maximum of 9 years from the date of launch. Good info for second hand iPhone buyers.

Last edited:
Thanks. That's informative. iPhone 6/SE can be outdated for sure. Almost 10 years. But from my understanding iPhone 7 seems to be the most popular series. I'm not exactly sure why though. The 8 is rare.
And not supporting the X would be shocking! Wasn't it the first iPhone to costs almost a lac? Like ₹99,900? Lol.

Thanks. That's informative. iPhone 6/SE can be outdated for sure. Almost 10 years. But from my understanding iPhone 7 seems to be the most popular series. I'm not exactly sure why though. The 8 is rare.
And not supporting the X would be shocking! Wasn't it the first iPhone to costs almost a lac? Like ₹99,900? Lol.
7 is most popular coz at that time iphone craze was new in india and people used it for show off

now most autowallah in bangalore have iphone something

Back