Android Does my phone have heating issue? or is this normal temp?

Does your phone go above 40C while watching instagram reels? Specify model and temp

• Total voters
Can you test it with 30% brightness and see how high the temp gets,

I thought you were indoors since you said wifi?
yes i will be testing it at 30% brightness.

I am indoors but I am a sucker for bright displays and this is my first time using amoled, so I am enjoying it.
Can you test it with 30% brightness and see how high the temp gets,

I thought you were indoors since you said wifi?
Yes, I just did.
With 30% brightness it hit 40C under half an hour and hits 41C Max in 45 minutes and stabilises.

That's only 1C less

Last edited:
Update 2:
When I use poco m4 pro 4g with volume at 50% and max brightness to watch insta reels for an hour the temp stabilizes at just 38C. This is 4C less!!!
So I think its not the display, the speaker is the culprit even though its not as loud as my dad's old and cheaper Poco M2. I assumed Poco m4 pro 4g would be louder cuz its kind of a successor to M2.

I am gonna test heating with 0 volume.

Update 2:
When I use poco m4 pro 4g with volume at 50% and max brightness to watch insta reels for an hour the temp stabilizes at just 38C. This is 4C less!!!
So I think its not the display, the speaker is the culprit even though its not as loud as my dad's old and cheaper Poco M2. I assumed Poco m4 pro 4g would be louder cuz its kind of a successor to M2.

I am gonna test heating with 0 volume.
Why don't you try some insta alternative apps and see if it makes a difference?

I take no breaks,
Ain't no slow days
An update the phone poco m4 pro 4g heats up to 41C in 30 minutes and then reaches 42C in under an hour.
I just wanna connect with other Poco M4 pro 4g users to determine if its common with this model of phone or my unit is faulty?

Any idea how I can do that?
It's common, my poco m4 pro 4g too reaches temps about 45 or 47 during heavy gaming for long duration of time, also there is heating issue in M series of poco

Back