Does Privacy Policy of Apps and Services Bother You ?

Does Privacy Policy of Apps and Services Bother You ?

• Yes

• No

• I dont care

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

puns

Staff member
Super Mod
With the recent noise of FaceApp, many other apps are in the scanner of what all they dont reveal to us and store back without our knowledge.
The Apps and sites like Facebook say its all in our privacy policy so its not that we are hiding it but should they be doing such practices.

Haven't heard of faceapp but i do wonder why google maps needs access to my gallery and camera.
same with truecaller or any other permissions that make no sense for the app.
I was also under the impression that the new GDPR law addresses this issue?

I am not worried much about data giants like fb, google, microsoft, as most of data is used for research/analysis. improving there ad-networks, monetization etc.
Unless government asks them to share our personal details.. in case something fishy..

Small apps use our personal data, sell them.
There was a very good article read recently, Let me check if I can find it.

Truecaller and others have been notorious to share personal contact details just like banks.
Also the concern of chinese companies apps is real. But the larger picture is does it really affect us. Other than phishing or scams, does our data with these companies affect our daily lives. I have serious doubts.

Truecaller and others have been notorious to share personal contact details just like banks.
Also the concern of chinese companies apps is real. But the larger picture is does it really affect us. Other than phishing or scams, does our data with these companies affect our daily lives. I have serious doubts.

Lol.. It does effects if you are defaulter in any of cases or offender.. or your most importantly BEHAVIOR CAPTURE !

Chutiya Bano Inke Tareke Se ! These apps GET BEST BRIBE !!!!!!!!!
How:
(years ago) Company A gathers something sells to Company B == Company A is still gathering data..
(after few months) Company B gathers additional data and sells to Company C (both A and B company) = Company A and B are still gathering data..
Vice-Versa..

All users have shared our data, everything, what happens next ?
Those top apps, rule India..
Amazon buys from India, sells to India, and makes a PROFIT !!
Profit goes to rest of countries, on contrary providing few thousands work force !

I will re-check my reply.. with some international post, how india will slave again.

Worried about jews stealing my data(MS, google, apple, etc)
No.
Worried about companies owned or involved with chinks?
Yes absolutely and that is why I will pay extra and get samsung instead of xiaomi or one plus.

I am even more worried when the GoI says that they sold all of the driving license details to 100+ entities including 87 private entities for Rs. 65 Cr. Clearly shows how little the govt cares about data privacy. Sabke saath sabka vikaas with our data.

I am even more worried when the GoI says that they sold all of the driving license details to 100+ entities including 87 private entities for Rs. 65 Cr. Clearly shows how little the govt cares about data privacy. Sabke saath sabka vikaas with our data.
WTF.. 65 crores / 40 crore registered data = 1.67 INR each !!!!!!!
Sold to 87private companies and 32 goverment altogether = 119

Thats makes 1.67 INR / 119 = 0.014 INR for each single piece of information !!!!!!!!!!

Are these idiots really ruling us !!!!!!!!!

Wondering when they are planning to sell us directly now..

Last edited:
The main issue is that you have to go out of your way to learn what data each app is taking from you. And most application or services won't let you use them unless you allow them to collect data on you. You are able to block a select few data to be taken however for the majority data is being siphoned and collected on you.

If that data is for research or making the product better, sure. But not for sale or to identify me personally which will then benifit someone else

Haven't heard of faceapp but i do wonder why google maps needs access to my gallery and camera.
same with truecaller or any other permissions that make no sense for the app.
I was also under the impression that the new GDPR law addresses this issue?

Most of the apps today ask for permission they don't even deal in. I think the solution is to have a strict biometric data privacy law, like Oklahoma and Texas does.

If that data is for research or making the product better, sure. But not for sale or to identify me personally which will then benifit someone else
Who will steal your data for making product sensible ??
(List atleast 3 apps if you can) ?

This is whhy reddit suceeds, they have different mechanism for replying to someone nothing more.

Back