Doing an MBA in Canada

Hey Guys,

I run my own company and I plan to have 3 years of experience before I do my MBA.

I am looking for Marketing or Global Business

Planning for 2013 Summer

Good colleges?

Procedure?

Exams to write and when.

Any and all inputs are greatly appreciated.

I do not have any inputs regarding colleges specific to Canada. I believe GMAT is essential.

But one thing i'd recommend, is that since you run your own company, a 'standard' MBA is not that useful. Look carefully at any course and its subjects, that help any businessperson run his business, and most importantly, helps build a network that will be useful for the growth of your business.

For example, If I were running my own business, the 'Global' MBA I did at SPJCM (currently SPJGSM), would have been almost completely useless.

@vince thnx for the quick and detailed reply.

I am expanding into global markets, import-export and such. That is the reason I was looking for a good school to do the Global Business MBA.

Building a network is of utmost importance. Any ideas as to how I can pull that off during selecting the college.

To be honest, I dont mind doing my MBA in the US, UK or Canada. My target clients are there and thats why I prefer those three counties. Canada more so bcs of the lesser competition and the better cultural tolerance they have towards brown people.

Checking what kind of network you can make is simple. (And one thing i shouldve done before my MBA
<
)

Check out every prospective university's web-page for Alumni/Current Batch profiles. imagine how it'd be if you were to study/interact with them, and that'll be enough!

Back