Doing an MBA in Canada

hahahari

Adept
May 17, 2009
Bangalore/Chennai
grouptable.com
Hey Guys,

I run my own company and I plan to have 3 years of experience before I do my MBA.

I am looking for Marketing or Global Business

Planning for 2013 Summer

Good colleges?

Procedure?

Exams to write and when.

Any and all inputs are greatly appreciated.

Vince

Boogie-Man
Skilled
Jun 11, 2005
wordsunchained.blogspot.com
I do not have any inputs regarding colleges specific to Canada. I believe GMAT is essential.

But one thing i'd recommend, is that since you run your own company, a 'standard' MBA is not that useful. Look carefully at any course and its subjects, that help any businessperson run his business, and most importantly, helps build a network that will be useful for the growth of your business.

For example, If I were running my own business, the 'Global' MBA I did at SPJCM (currently SPJGSM), would have been almost completely useless.

hahahari

Adept
May 17, 2009
Bangalore/Chennai
grouptable.com
@vince thnx for the quick and detailed reply.

I am expanding into global markets, import-export and such. That is the reason I was looking for a good school to do the Global Business MBA.

Building a network is of utmost importance. Any ideas as to how I can pull that off during selecting the college.

To be honest, I dont mind doing my MBA in the US, UK or Canada. My target clients are there and thats why I prefer those three counties. Canada more so bcs of the lesser competition and the better cultural tolerance they have towards brown people.

Vince

Boogie-Man
Skilled
Jun 11, 2005
wordsunchained.blogspot.com
Checking what kind of network you can make is simple. (And one thing i shouldve done before my MBA
<
)

Check out every prospective university's web-page for Alumni/Current Batch profiles. imagine how it'd be if you were to study/interact with them, and that'll be enough!