Doom 4 announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Re: id on Doom 4 - “It’s going great. It’s awesome"

Very depressing. Carmack mentions nothing on Doom 4 on yesterday's keynote and says this is the year I'd RAGE. :|

QuakeCon 2011

thirumalkumaran said:
Ok! which developer has said that my game is gonna be dull and boring...

True that but has any id game disappointed us before?

saumilsingh

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005

Doom 3 was disappointing and monotonous.

And yes, total id fanboy here. Played the hell out of Doom shareware, Doom 2, Doom n64 wads, Q2, Q3A and some Q1.
Q2DM1, greatest map ever.

ramdante

Skilled
Sep 9, 2008

quake 4 was kinda boring..Doom3 was Awesome!

Sep 24, 2007

Doom 3 has become boring alongside half-life 2 which released at the same time.....

I believe just running, hiding and shooting doesn't make an awesome game... It makes a good game..

Rickyk

Skilled
Jan 18, 2007

Doom3 felt more like an "engine tech demo" than a game that was truly worthy of its lineage.

The unimaginative and predictable AI didnt help either. Game got boring and repetitive real quick. It was the first Doom game I played where I was simply rushing through it to "finish" it. Compare this to "Prey" where I got totally sucked into the game and loved every second.

Heres hoping they really do something special with Doom 4....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

thirumalkumaran said:
Doom 3 has become boring alongside half-life 2 which released at the same time.....

I don't understand - are you saying HL2 was boring or that D3 was boring while compared to HL2?

Of course everyone has different taste so I am sure lots of people (possibly) found HL2 boring. I personally thought HL1 was highly overrated and yes I know I am in a minority on the issue. In comparison I played through HL2 4 times and will happily play it a fifth time when (if ever?) EP3 is released.

If you found HL2 boring, I am really curious to know what your top 5 SP FPS games of all time are.....

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Bethesda: Doom 4 shelving report is “complete bollocks” | VG247

VG247 said:
The site was given the info by an anonymous source close to Bethesda, who claimed the decision was made at a “company wide” meeting in Dallas.

The game, first announced in 2008 and largely silent since then, was reportedly put on “indefinite” hold due to “the issues and reviews” of Rage’s launch, with Zenimax and Bethesda apparently feeling “a serious lack of confidence in the project management at id”.

Just curious but when can we expect Doom 4 or whatever it is called then, to be released? 2013 maybe? Going by id's previous agendas, these folks generally tend to give us a teaser of the upcoming title in the Quakecon. Nothing so far.

kvikram

Skilled
Nov 16, 2010
//Offtopic

I'm seeing lots of TE members on this thread I've never seen before in the gaming section. I guess it's because the Doom name is that popular :p

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
This might come as a shocker but rumors have come up that Doom 4 has been cancelled by id when some 170 odd screenshots were made public on AllGamesBeta! Bethesda's VP of PR and Marketing Pete Hines however, has denied those claims as told to Joystiq.

Source

The screenshots can be viewed/downloaded here - AllGamesBeta

EDIT: Downloaded the screens from the Mediafire links and the sets indicate Earth based post-apocalyptic backdrops. So the game is possibly not another space sci-fi based title.

ramdante

Skilled
Sep 9, 2008
Screenies dont like Doom at all, graphics jus good(almost like rage) nothing impressive!

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]According to id Design Director Matthew Hooper : "those images have nothing to do with what you're Gonna see in Doom 4."[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"When we officially show things, you'll see awesome," he says. "When we officially show things, fans will be happy."[/font]

VG247

A sigh of relief! Have great expectations from the game. Rage was such a disappointment after so much hype!
<

krugur

Gaming Freak
Skilled
Apr 27, 2010
Bangalore
Doom 3 was awesome ... Quake 4 and rage was disappointing. Its high time id show the people why we still play Quake 3 Arena.

quan chi

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009
Read pretty bad remarks on Doom 3 BFG edition. Therefore went with the vanilla edition. The game still looks good. Considering the time it was released it looks gorgeous. Btw you can mod the game heavily & make it better visually by a huge amount! Unfortunately many mods shows problem with the steam version.:mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.