DOTA 2 - Discussion Thread

Sigh. Yes it will. And there isn't much difference between old Dota and Dota 2. The basics are the same. The items are the same. If anything the bots in Dota2 are easier than WC3 dota (modes with bonus gold/exp), larger player base with a mixture of skills all collected in one server and in-gamecosmetics. Perhaps you should also try helping him for real than implying that mine is useless or arguing with me.

Guys pls don' t fight I got you all & you all are right. I have seen lots of videos & still reading & seeing videos but what I meant was reading & playing on your own are pretty different things.
I am enjoying with the bots at the moment & I will continue doing the same for the time being.I will post a query if I encounter any problem. Thanks again for your replies.:)

If you click the "shop" icon on the right there will be "recommended items." Go through the details of those items. You can also read in-depth guides online or even print them like I did. :D

^^sure.
Guys btw one thing I do want to mention is that valve really knows how to fool people & keep their cash inflow steady. DOTA 2 is really addictive if you give it a little time however unfortunately its best played with friends & most of my friends don't play this genre.:/

Just came to say Lolteezy. Questionable draft by ppd against Secret and Liquid. I love EG but with such strats they didn't deserve to be in the Grand Finals.
Meanwhile EE-sama is entertaining as always haha :D[DOUBLEPOST=1457281263][/DOUBLEPOST]Team Secret is Shanghai Major champion.
W33 playing Invoker like he wants IceFrog to nerf him even more
LOL.

Last edited:
The 6.87 patch has hit which includes major changes. Lots of hero reworks and new items added. Probably gonna feel like a new game for a while..

Read the patch.
I know that many people (mostly pubs who hate him or cant play him or dont know how to counter him) hate Invoker but i feel that Invoker int nerf is too much.
After they nerfed Void some patches ago only to bring him back again Icefrog has now nerfed him harder with the Time Lock damage. It will be very difficult to play him in pubs which are usually not well organized. If i play him I'll probably rush Daedalus and attack speed items.
I was hoping for a cogs/ultimate buff for Sceptre Clockwerk. :/
Dunno about Centaur. Hope he will be viable pick again.
PA buff sounds good in theory.
I like Viper's poison no longer UAM.
Meanwhile Kotl ms increased? Like he wasn't quick enough. Its weird.

Read the patch.
I know that many people (mostly pubs who hate him or cant play him or dont know how to counter him) hate Invoker but i feel that Invoker int nerf is too much.
After they nerfed Void some patches ago only to bring him back again Icefrog has now nerfed him harder with the Time Lock damage. It will be very difficult to play him in pubs which are usually not well organized. If i play him I'll probably rush Daedalus and attack speed items.
I was hoping for a cogs/ultimate buff for Sceptre Clockwerk. :/
Dunno about Centaur. Hope he will be viable pick again.
PA buff sounds good in theory.
I like Viper's poison no longer UAM.
Meanwhile Kotl ms increased? Like he wasn't quick enough. Its weird.

Actually I dont think Void is nerfed that much. Tbh, he is now stronger outside the chrono post patch as his bash damage has been increased.

But his Chrono+Time Lock damage was what really made him viable. His current buff with Time Lock damage will probably be most effective only in 1v1 and last hits. Also the nerf to Sceptre duration will be evident. Goodbye to Sceptre in pubs. I'd rather get a Moonshard over it now.
Btw, thank the frogs for Bimba's Impetus range nerf. Laughing at her pickers in Overthrow. :p

Reading Epicenter posts is giving me an adrenaline rush. Whew! Seems like its an unbelievably great tournament with some people rating it equal to or even better than Valve's own TI's. Newbee wrecking! GG Chinese team.

Congrats Liquid!
Forgive me but I'm pleased with the poor performance of Secret and disappointed with EG. I guess Aui is not Fear or Hao in Carry role. :/
Seems like he is most comfortable in pos 4. Wish Fear's health improved and get back to Carry role by the start of Ti.

Back