Double battery Inverter setup

Update: Turned out the dealer was trying to convince me to buy new batteries though by just spending 500rs I've managed to repair the terminal and its work great.
Regarding Solar power I saw few videos where we have to buy a converter (cost around 6.5k) and then attach it between solar panels and normal inverter (it will convert DC to AC that will be used as input for normal inverter). I don't know how successful it is also how much energy I can generate that will give an ROI. At this point in time I am thinking to use solar power during day time and switch to grid at night. Anyone used such a setup? Also is it possible to use 1.5T inverter AC on it since it take less power compared to normal ones?

As I watched this method with lots of vehicle mechanic, I followed the same at home with my Exide IT500 single battery….which retired last weeks after providing backup for 10 years (installed 04/2012) - I read someone in this forum run the same battery for 12 years.

(1) use warm water (warm enough not able to touch by hand) to pour on top of battery terminal to clean the all paste like material if there is any,
(2) apply grease in both terminal, available at any auto spare parts shop. 150 to 200 + bucks for castrol brand tube.
(3) always top up distilled water once the level drop from any cell by looking at the floating stick indicator. Unbranded cost 60 bucks for 10 litres jarican.
If the +tive and -tive terminals are spaced close together one one side on your battery ensure that when you are unscrewing the leads(cables which come from the inverter to the battery) from the battery terminals that you do not inadvertently short the terminals or you will damage the battery and the battery terminals. Speaking this from experience: while unscrewing the terminals my spanner fell and shorted the terminals causing sparking and melting a small part of one of the terminals.
As a precaution, I keep one terminal covered with cloth when screwing/unscrewing leads while working with/cleaning the terminals.
If you have the plastic terminal caps that originally came with the battery affix them to prevent accidental shorts.
Use old rags to wipe of any gunk off the terminals. If grease is not available, you can even use Vaseline petroleum jelly to coat the terminals

Update: Turned out the dealer was trying to convince me to buy new batteries though by just spending 500rs I've managed to repair the terminal and its work great.
Regarding Solar power I saw few videos where we have to buy a converter (cost around 6.5k) and then attach it between solar panels and normal inverter (it will convert DC to AC that will be used as input for normal inverter). I don't know how successful it is also how much energy I can generate that will give an ROI. At this point in time I am thinking to use solar power during day time and switch to grid at night. Anyone used such a setup? Also is it possible to use 1.5T inverter AC on it since it take less power compared to normal ones?
Have a look at this video Solar System for Home | Cost, Saving, Subsidy with Excel Calculation
I'm not affiliated with the company or the channel.

Back