Budget 0-20k Downgrade advice

yes, APUs video and processing power is somewhat related with RAM.
There are GPU's like Gt 610 which are obsolete now. your best option is GT 710 , I used MSI GT 710 2GB (passive cooled) like 3years back and it served the purpose, my usage was same like your requirements now.
Passive cooling is the one without a fan (Heatsink only), it is suggested for a HTPC where silent card is required.
active cooled will get you some degrees less temps and a few more fps in games but as you are not planning to game active cooling isn't much important unless your system runs hot.
this was the card I bought in july 2016 MSI GT 710
Thanks final questions-
1. Since the 2200g has 4 threads and 4 cores and the box says 3 (generation ?) does it mean it is equivalent to the i3 processor and the r5 which has 6 cores and 12 threads and the box says 5 (again generation?) = i5?
2. Out of both these options the 2200g and R5+710, which will get "slower" with time? When I say slower I mean with windows updates, new softwares, better quality videos etc. Do both these options support cloud gaming like GeForce Now?
3. The price of the 710 as per your link is around 3000 with 3 year warranty. Zotac is giving 3+2 but it's around 250 bucks expensive. Reasonable to spend that money for the extra warranty?
4. In the last reply you said that a gpu can be upgraded later on with the R5. We can upgrade gpu with a 2200G also, right?

Looking for cheaper rates on the 710 now. All the cheaper one's are oos on md computers, primeagb. Amazon and Flipkart have almost similar prices.

1. Don't mix up things. it has got nothing to do with i3 processor.
Ryzen 3 2200g is a 2nd generation processor with 4 threads and 4 cores and Ryzen 5 1600 is a 1st generation AMD processor with 6 cores and 12 threads.
Ryzen 5 1600 is superior in performance when compared to Ryzen 3 2200g.

2. Ageing comes to all, even if you buy latest hardware, over time performance will degrade with upcoming windows updates , softs etc.
Ryzen 5 1600 is Ok for next 3-4 years or may be more as per your requirements. 710 is also fine for consuming media content and surfing. Can also consider GT1030 (preowned) or if a good deal is available,
4k videos and even 8k is here.
I don't know about cloud gaming ... :confused:

3. Just ignore the link I shared , you can get 710 for 3k online and may be bit less offline. it's Ok to spend 250 extra only if you're planning to use it for more than 3 years.

4. yes GPU can be upgraded with a 2200G too.

Thanks final questions-
1. Since the 2200g has 4 threads and 4 cores and the box says 3 (generation ?) does it mean it is equivalent to the i3 processor and the r5 which has 6 cores and 12 threads and the box says 5 (again generation?) = i5?
2. Out of both these options the 2200g and R5+710, which will get "slower" with time? When I say slower I mean with windows updates, new softwares, better quality videos etc. Do both these options support cloud gaming like GeForce Now?
3. The price of the 710 as per your link is around 3000 with 3 year warranty. Zotac is giving 3+2 but it's around 250 bucks expensive. Reasonable to spend that money for the extra warranty?
4. In the last reply you said that a gpu can be upgraded later on with the R5. We can upgrade gpu with a 2200G also, right?

Looking for cheaper rates on the 710 now. All the cheaper one's are oos on md computers, primeagb. Amazon and Flipkart have almost similar prices.
1. Ryzen has 4 models, with 3 being the least powerful and 9 being the most powerful so, Ryzen 3, 5, 7 and 9
2. There is no way of telling now. One thing is for sure, R5+710 will be less slower compared to 2200G. You are meeting Geforce requirements right now with either of processors. But the requirements may change in future.
3. Yes
4. Yes

Simply no time for gaming bro. Life has other priorities.
Point is do you really need the money by selling your CPU and buying new? Will the difference in amount left to you matter so much?
I suggest keeping it for tasks which require CPU. Consider it this way that if you don't intend to game even in future your CPU will last you many years for normal tasks and you would not need to upgrade at all.

Hi,

So, the current specs of my rig are- Asus Prime B-350 plus mobo, vengeance ram 8gb (IIRC 2400mhz), zotac 1060 6 gb gpu and ryzen 1600 cpu. Have no time for gaming these days. Planning to sell the cpu+gpu. Getting around 6000 and 12000 for them respectively. Should I sell them both and get an apu like 2200g which costs like 7900? Or should I keep the R5 1600 and buy a gpu like GT 710 2gb? Is there a more lower end gpu than the 710? The pc will only be used for browsing, watching movies and for softwares like Photoshop v6/7. I read somewhere that for the 2200g the ram needs to be atleast of 3200mhz. Is that correct?

Thanks
You can run any MHz ram with apu but it is recommended to use more mhz and gb rams with APUs.
Why would you want to sell your 1060 especially in this current situation where people and scalpers selling the GPUs in almost double the price.

Back