Download Box Suggession

RajeshJ

Disciple
I was using asus n13ub1 till now , now i want similar but not router based , warranty is a must

kindly suggest all my available options

--I want to download http/s /ftp/torrent without running PC

Easiest to setup will be Android mini TV Box - MK808 B Plus (plus it will make your LCD/LED TV smart) available on ebay for less than 4k

+ raspberry pi. You can check banana pi also. It has sata port.
I am using Asus AC66u and intsalled entware on it. I am using transmission/pyload for torrenting/downloading.

I check green india for raspberry pi, cdroid but their site doesn't mention warranty[DOUBLEPOST=1434730804][/DOUBLEPOST]I checked their contact, they also from same state, i will try call them tomorrow

Am running a raspberry pi setup , transmission got it off olx for 1.5k works brilliantly with a usb power hub , as I have a 1tb external attached to it along with wifi. Its a brilliant standalone setup , can be used to do a lot more than just downloading and for a cheap price .

Am running a raspberry pi setup , transmission got it off olx for 1.5k works brilliantly with a usb power hub , as I have a 1tb external attached to it along with wifi. Its a brilliant standalone setup , can be used to do a lot more than just downloading and for a cheap price .
from where u buyed ? Green India Electronics?

Also buy its power AC able from electronics shop ?

Last edited:
from where u buyed ? Green India Electronics?

Also buy its power AC able from electronics shop ?
GreenIndiaElectronics has an eBay shop. I bought it from there(used a coupon code + Mobikwik cashback to buy it at a reduced price).

I bought the Sony CP-AD2 charger for the RPi. I bought the version with 1.5m cable. But I think it is better to buy the one which has a 0.5m cable. I feel that my RPi 2 does not get the full 2.1A power input (more cable length = more resistance which causes drop in power output)

Hi I am using banana pro which I got from eBay it has a sata connectivity which u can use.but if you are using 3.5 inch hdd you have to give external power supply.2.5 inch can be operates from banana pro.I had the raspberry but I removed it from service because RPi share same chip for ethernet and usb which reduces its transfer speed.

One think use open media vault an open source out of box solution for network attached storage.Banana pro has got wifi also. Now I am using RPi as XBMC client

+ 1. Same here. Rasberry Pi is the best option for OP.
Based on user experience I suggest banana pro with open media vault
If OP knows ssh and comfortable with it then RPi is the best otherwise banana pro with open media vault because RPi doesn't support it

Based on user experience I suggest banana pro with open media vault
If OP knows ssh and comfortable with it then RPi is the best otherwise banana pro with open media vault because RPi doesn't support it
Why do you need ssh for using RPi?
Raspbian provides a GUI anyway. He can attach the RPi to a TV and install VNC. After installing VNC, he can see the screen of his RPi using any VNC client.

Back