Drives for CCTV cameras

reliantrobin

Disciple
Sep 3, 2021
Hi, I have CP Plus CCTVs installed at 3 locations, and wanted to start recording the video footage and wanted to have a store of the past 7 days. All the footage is available live on my phone and main office, but I wanted to see if I can also record and store the data at a central location rather than installing drives in each of the 3 DVRs. Also, what amount of storage would I need for a recording backup cycle of 7 days of 15ish cameras? Thanks!

Party Monger

Skilled
Jul 15, 2007
Hi, I have CP Plus CCTVs installed at 3 locations, and wanted to start recording the video footage and wanted to have a store of the past 7 days. All the footage is available live on my phone and main office, but I wanted to see if I can also record and store the data at a central location rather than installing drives in each of the 3 DVRs. Also, what amount of storage would I need for a recording backup cycle of 7 days of 15ish cameras? Thanks!
Are these 3 different systems with multiple cameras attached to each? Are they in same physical location?
If yes, and if the camera stream that you see on your phone is also available using ovif etc, then you can build a PC and use a software like Blueiris etc to record it in one server, set duration and can also retrieve using the softwares app. How much you can store will depend on the HDD you use.

reliantrobin

Disciple
Sep 3, 2021
They are 3 different systems with multiple cameras connected to each, and the 3 systems are present at different locations. I use the CP Plus app to view the camera feed, is there a way to check if it would work with onvif? Also, I already have a PC hosting an accounting software, can I run the software for the camera feed simutaneously?

Thanks a lot!

Party Monger

Skilled
Jul 15, 2007
They are 3 different systems with multiple cameras connected to each, and the 3 systems are present at different locations. I use the CP Plus app to view the camera feed, is there a way to check if it would work with onvif? Also, I already have a PC hosting an accounting software, can I run the software for the camera feed simutaneously?

Thanks a lot!
That would be hard, but you can check if these feeds are available over the internet for each camera simultaneously. If its available, then you can work from there. What hardware is required depends on the number of streams and the hardware you already have. A/c software pc might not have good specs.

reliantrobin

Disciple
Sep 3, 2021
That would be hard, but you can check if these feeds are available over the internet for each camera simultaneously. If its available, then you can work from there. What hardware is required depends on the number of streams and the hardware you already have. A/c software pc might not have good specs.
Do you know anyone who can help me with around Delhi NCR?