Dropped a Year, Help

Man i got 352 in BITS but this time BITS kicked me in the butt! They say that who ever has applied for an improvement for their 12th exams have to give all exams all 5 of em..and i only gave maths one because my score was less in maths last year and now i am not eligible. wtf BITS! :'(

352 in BITS is a very good score. Sadly you were disqualified. I believe you will do very good in AIEEE (as you did in BITS). :)

I hope so...BITS was all IQ man...I haven't even studied a few chapters and i did them with just using my IQ. AIEEE includes cramming stuffs like Boards. I hope i get a good rank.

Yes they refreshed their FAQs section just 2 days back. :\
Man i'm sad. Really. I wasn't even going to give the exam then Dad said no give it, it'll like practicing for the AIEEE. So i gave it. But i tried doing the aieee offline and i scored very less. I'm a bit scared. :\ BITS was easy dunno how will me AIEEE go.

Guys I got 107 in NATA. is this a descent score? :\ On various sites i read that cut-off is 80 and above 100 is a great score but what chances do i have? Which colleges can i get into? Help!

OP: What happened with JEE? Sorry I haven't completely followed the thread.
What are you interested in, engineering or drawing, or a bit of both? Each field requires different aptitudes. If unsure, then do what everyone does, go for engg. :p
Did you try for B.Design and B.Arch courses in IITs?

Your AIEEE rank won't fetch any good college seat. :/
VIT is a great place as far as accommodation is concerned, and a few friends/acquaintances of mine who are from North that went there adjusted to it. The placement I hear is rather good there (Facebook took 3 people from there(!)). So don't rule it out completely.
Manipal is a place where all the academically disinterested friends of mine ended up. I don't mean to disparage or anything, just that that's what happened. The place itself is picturesque, and rich folks from all around come there. It's easy to get waylaid there.
Did you give DCE/NSIT CEE?
I really feel bad about the BITS thing, did you try asking them for some feedback on the issue (from what I read, their FAQ was updated rather late...you could ask for some leniency/alternatives with that score. Slim chances, but can't hurt).

All the best with your admission man. FWIW, I've completed engg. and I'm still hella confused what happens next.

Did you try for B.Design and B.Arch courses in IITs?
No i am getting a good college i.e. Chandigarh College Architecture based on my AIEEE B.Arch AIR ie 2659. Its last year cut-off was 4998. I hope i get it.
I did'nt give any other CET ie NSIT. It is 15% quota from AI. Where do i stand a chance. :(
No i don't want to go to VIT. Won't be able to accommodate there. Anyways I cleared my IPU exam too with AIR 3k. If Arch plan goes down i'll go there. :)
Sadly in IIT i secured 10382. Won't get into IIT's so left it there.

Rest lets see if i get CCA i'll go there no doubt/ Its India's best Architecture college.

If the Chandigarh College of Architecture is a good college and have good placements, then you should definitely try for it.
After all its in your home city.

And a 3000 rank in IPU is good. You can easily get a good college in IPU like MAIT/MSIT/BVP(these 3 are the top affiliated colleges under IPU) but since you fall under ODGEN, you might not be able to get CSE/IT in MAIT/BVP but definitely in MSIT which is also a good college with really good placements.
You can check the last year cut-off for various colleges in IPU over here : Rank O meter | IP University

@harpreet89 thanks for the link i've already seen that link. I've applied for CCA counselling is due...Will reply back after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back