Dropped a Year, Help

No i am from chandigarh.
<

If you can get your branch in any IIT go for it. BTW I had a senior who took civil in IIT Guwahati, topped in first year and changed his branch to CS
cool43.gif

ill say any rank is worth getting into IIT.But now i would like to clear you a few things from my personal experience :

1.I like your flexibilty and can see that you are ready to oblige to any line that gives you a geat future.

But.But.But...

2.Personally i will suggest you to go for something you have interest and inclination for.Ive seen people dropping IIT's for Delhi college of Arts.And they succeeded pretty well.

Then ive also seen people choosing Biotech from DCE and then ultimately going to IT MNC's .In one case a fellow colleague of mine is a Btech from NSIt in biotech working on Iphone app development with an interest in Analysts and financial planning.He is also an avid drummer.Now this surely would psyche a lot of people and trust me you wont want to be in a position like this.

3. All i can say is weigh your options wisely .Success and money everything follows if you have knowledge.And ive experienced that you can gain knowledge only if you ahve interetst in that particular thing.Dont go for the path just coz everyone follows it.

PS:My cousin dropped SRCC for DCAC ,he also loved art.It meant life to him.He was censured from every nook and corner but he believed in himself.Now he is the creative director in a awesome art and advertisment firm.He was the creative lead for Maza add with ranvir shourey to name a few.

All i am saying is listen to your heart amidst all this stress.

Thanks.

#[member='sahib'] Honestly Saying? I can go in any field:

Architecture, Fashion Designing or any designing, Graphics Designing, Aeronautical, Computer/IT, Electrical, Mechanical, Production, Biotech, Nanotech and even Law. I seriously have interested in all of these. So which stream i go i don't think i will be having any kind of trouble.

I don'tknow why but i don't see myself going into IITs. I prefer Punjab College of Eng./ Delhi college of engineering or Thapar but I also have a huge interest in drawing also. Its just this reason i am confused.
<

^^Dude getting a good rank in IIT is pretty hard.I got AIR 6419 and it was pretty much pointless because I was only interested in CS and IT and just like you i didn't want to move from south to the north.I didn't go for my IIT counselling so I'm not sure of exactly what rank you need.Now that the seats have increased,I'm guessing AIR <5000 will be good enough for getting some stream in the lower IITs or ITBHU.

You should also give AIEEE your best shot.You can get into IIIT or one of the good NITs or BITS Mesra.Although most of the better NITs are in the south.

In case you're wondering I got a state rank of 200 in AIEEE so I ended up getting IT in NIT.Other good/ok colleges in the south are PSG,Manipal and VIT.Unfortunately I'm from the south so I don't know about good colleges in the north besides BITS,IITs and DCE.

My advice is pick the stream you're most interested in and take the best seat you have for that field.You will have lots of choices and opportunities at PG level.

Best of Luck!

Edit:Also remember this ,getting into IIT and topping to change to a different branch is freaking hard.So join only if you're sure you're interested in the branch.

You frankly saying,"Mann uth gya hai mera padhayi se"

I will give me best try to score a good rank in IIT although i am not sure about it. I am aiming my best for AIEEE these days. So that I can get into PEC and i don't have to shift anywhere else. If not then NIFT Delhi or Mumbai.

Hmm,i'm not sure what you just said but i didn't mean to discourage you.I was just saying taking IITJEE is always like a gamble even if you prepare for a long time so don't rest all your hopes on it.It's good that you're preparing well for AIEEE and other exams.

Seeing that you're interested in gaming and tech I can say for sure that you can't go wrong with choosing CS,IT or ECE stream.You will definitely find it interesting.There's really no need to worry just follow your interests and everything will work out fine.

Umm Guys how many here have given IPU-CET Exams. Need to know about it. Also please let me know of good colleges in delhi. That i should opt for. Also at what rank in AIEEE i can get admission into DCE or NSIT? Or any other College in Delhi or Noida. Please let me know so that i can fill up their forms. I want to study in a college nearby Delhi. Reason? PM me and i'll tell you.
<

*Mind my English, Feeling Dizzy(Bottom's Up)*

So confused people everywhere! Me and #rajveersingh09 only applied for one college (same) in total and got it! Make up your mind!

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

You are commerce guys! I'm Interested in Everything(Non-med,Architecture,Designing) ! I have already cleared NIFT,IIT(won't get good rank though) and VIT. Still i want to search a bit more. Want to go near Delhi.

Plus i don't want to stay in Chandigarh anymore. I'm Bored now.

Ya like when i am in NIFT i'll go all brahmachari? Eh?

Also i never posted my Experience did I?

When i went to give my NIFT's Situation test in Delhi. OMG I was like
scared14.gif
scared14.gif
scared14.gif
scared14.gif
. So frikkking Hot girls W00t w00t!

I was alone in the class of 150 Girls. the reason why i started my test 15mins late.
tongu23e.gif

Here is what i did in the test. I was just given 6 Straws,2 6 Ice cream Sicks. 4 Colored Sheets, One cloth,one newspaper,Clay,Cotton,All pins and one cardboard. Tell me how i did. I Tried making a Cinema/theater.

i am from delhi too..
and appearing for aieee on 26th

and believe me any collage in NCR will be good enough
and dropping a bad idea
as from next year no IIT,AIEEE,IPU
only /one exam will be conducted something like AISTT
so get any collage in ncr will be good

I too thinks like u before my brother from IIT rurki told me all that..

Back