Storage Solutions Dual Layer DVD Burning issue

You might be getting coaster due to incompatibility issue, try burning a dvd in your friends system. What burning software do you use

@Bublez

Is the DVD getting identified correctly by your burner?? you can also use the Nero Info tool to check what all formats are supported by your burner. Are you using Nero or some other burning software??

laptop burners r infamous for making coasters...my dell does the same(power callibration error,fail to burn disc-at-once)..so i started burning on my desktop..no problem since.

laptop messed up 20/100 dvds....with desktop only 3/200.

i used the national dvds...lately i shifted to elgin they slightly better i feel...

^thats true, i have no idea behind it, but laptop can't burn a dvd successfully, even i got some disc for decoration :p

To know more about the compatibility of the disc with the burner, use dvd identifier. This tool will scan the disc and will inform you about the speed in which it can be burned in that burner.

CA50 said:
Yes, 4x is the safest speed. One suggestion : if you burn dvds for backup, then apply a plastic label on the dvd (non-writable side), this will act as an protection against damage :)

BTW i have both^
LG GSA-H42N PATA
LG GH22NS50 SATA
Thanks for the advice CA50. But what kind of plastic labels are you talking about? Pics :p

Also have you faced any issues with burning DVD DLs on the GSA-H42N?

Back